solver

Annotation Sets and Label Defaults

Annotation Sets
Annotation Sets are simply a fast, easy way to switch from one collection of Saved Defaults created for one particular purpose to another collection set up for a different task.
Annotation Sets include defaults for: manually-drawn Dimensions, Text, Callouts, Markers, Arrows, the Current CAD Layer, as well as the Active Layer Set. 

-----------

Would being able to change label defaults via an Annotation Set be helpful?

Perry mentioned in another thread about changing framing labels to reflect new or existing conditions.

Why couldn't this change be triggered by a change of Annotation Set?

Yes that would be helpful, have to think about that one, is it possible.

15 hours ago, solver said:

Yes, it's possible but only if the Annoset triggers a Layer Set.  It requires a custom macro that must know what to expect in the Layer Set Names.  I am already doing that with Wall Labels, Window Labels, Door Labels, and some others.  Most Chief Objects know what the current Layer Set Name is but they don't know what the current Annoset is.

16 hours ago, solver said:

Annotation Sets
Annotation Sets are simply a fast, easy way to switch from one collection of Saved Defaults created for one particular purpose to another collection set up for a different task.
Annotation Sets include defaults for: manually-drawn Dimensions, Text, Callouts, Markers, Arrows, the Current CAD Layer, as well as the Active Layer Set. 

-----------

Would being able to change label defaults via an Annotation Set be helpful?

Perry mentioned in another thread about changing framing labels to reflect new or existing conditions.

That sounds like a really good suggestion Eric.  The general idea has been suggested in the past...Multiple defaults for various objects, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest it for label defaults.  In all reality, the ultimate solution would be Active Defaults for ALL defaults...not just annotation objects and layer sets.  This way we could select our As-Built Window, Door, and Wall Defaults and draw away, then switch to our Proposed Defaults and draw our new walls, doors, windows, etc.  We would need an additional drop down in each object to specify either a specific default ("As Built Window Defaults", "New Window Defaults", "Milgard Window Defaults", etc.) or "None".  Pretty slick idea. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

That sounds like a really good suggestion Eric.  The general idea has been suggested in the past...Multiple defaults for various objects, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest it for label defaults.  In all reality, the ultimate solution would be Active Defaults for ALL defaults...not just annotation objects and layer sets.  This way we could select our As-Built Window, Door, and Wall Defaults and draw away, then switch to our Proposed Defaults and draw our new walls, doors, windows, etc.  We would need an additional drop down in each object to specify either a specific default ("As Built Window Defaults", "New Window Defaults", "Milgard Window Defaults", etc.) or "None".  Pretty slick idea. 

Yep , I like the sound of that too....

M.