Unexpected Solution With The New Plan View Feature in X10

HumbleChief

I always wanted a way to change floors to the foundation level when I changed the Anno Set to my Foundation Anno Set and it was always a 2 step process both down to the foundation and back up to the main floor. With a foundation plan set it changes floors and Anno Sets together with one simple step. SWEET!!

Me too. After watching Jared Baehmers video about setting up his templates (below link), I decided to erase my entire template set for X10 and start from scratch. It cleaned up the initial template file by 100k. I also took Jared's advice because he mentions that enclosing a room on your template, that room, even when erased, retains memory in Chief. So even if you erase the room and redraw a new room, it would automatically get labeled like the old room that was in it's place. I never realized that until I tested it. So my new template only has a few walls on the plan that I use regularly, but no defined rooms.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1963/creating-a-successful-workflow-for-design-construction-document-production-by-jared-baehmer.html

34 minutes ago, CARMELHILL said:

Me too. After watching Jared Baehmers video about setting up his templates (below link), I decided to erase my entire template set for X10 and start from scratch. It cleaned up the initial template file by 100k. I also took Jared's advice because he mentions that enclosing a room on your template, that room, even when erased, retains memory in Chief. So even if you erase the room and redraw a new room, it would automatically get labeled like the old room that was in it's place. I never realized that until I tested it. So my new template only has a few walls on the plan that I use regularly, but no defined rooms.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1963/creating-a-successful-workflow-for-design-construction-document-production-by-jared-baehmer.html

Thanks Edward - I'll make time to watch the video.

1 hour ago, CARMELHILL said:

Hi Ed , I have watched Jared's Video Previously and need a new Template for X10 after finding a few issues with old plans brought forward , if you have time would you mind looking at my Post below ( from a few weeks ago ) and share any tips about starting a new Template from scratch Please.  I don't want to clutter up Larry's thread here with that, Thanks.