Resizing viewports on layout sheet - X10 Beta

VHampton

Question...

I tried grabbing the corner of an image sent to layout for resizing the view.

Now it seems that you can not "stretch" the viewport.. The entire corner comes along when you grab it. In other words the viewport is behaving like a polyline.

Is there a way to turn off the new feature?

Viewport resizing.jpg

I just logged in to Chief Talk for the very same issue.  However, CTRL+ did nothing for me.  I held the CTRL+ key and clicked on a corner of the view and it still just moved the perimeter, did not stretch or resize the image.

I called Chief Tech Support and there suggestion was to use the ruler to rescale the view.  You can uncheck "No Scale" and pick a scale that works for your drawing.  I did that as the work around for the ISO view on the front page of the dwg, but hopefully there is another fix for this.

Forgot to mention that I am using Windows Version.  Not sure if it matters on Mac or Windows.

Thank you.

Viewport_Error.png

• Upvote 1

2 methods. 

1. Control or Shift select the layout box and use the single edit handle to resize.  This is the method Val already spelled out above.
  2. Use the Resize edit mode and one of the corner edit handles (with or without Rotate/Resize About Current Point active).  If you try to use the Resize edit mode by just temporarily activating it with the hotkey (X) then you need to hold X down BEFORE grabbing and moving the edit handle. Don't let go of the key till after you have clicked on the corner edit handle.
  • Upvote 1

Yep - I missed a step in my own reply. You have to click on the view port after the control key is held down.

All this to say - I do see the potential for being able to customize a view port, as we already can do with poly-lines.

This is a handy upgrade, and often why I make daily visits to the forum when the new releases come out.

....program changes invariably cause those Homer Simpson moments whilst we figure out all the new stuff!

• 2 weeks later...

To summarize there are three ways to do the same thing that have been discussed so far:

1. Control or Shift select the layout box and use the single top edit handle to resize.

2. Use the Resize edit mode and one of the corner edit handles holding down the X key while dragging a corner.

3. Use the Concentric edit mode and one of the corner edit handles holding down the C key while dragging a corner.

I think maybe we have lost the functionality we had in X9 of just anchoring one corner of the viewport and left clicking the opposite and then resizing it. :(

This is horrible, what were they thinking ?

Edited by Chopsaw
Thought I had it figured out but didn't after retest.

I think maybe we have lost the functionality we had in X9 of just anchoring one corner of the viewport and left clicking the opposite and then resizing it. :(

Maybe something had to give since now that the view-port can be clipped on an angle? - like you would with a poly-line.

Who knows. Each release can be like stepping into a new car. New buttons and gadgets etc. But sooner or later we get the hang.

49 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

You can still do that by placing a point and using Rotate/Resize About Current Point.  Just switch to the RRACP edit mode, place your point, and then use the Resize edit mode (X).

14 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You can still do that by placing a point and using Rotate/Resize About Current Point.  Just switch to the RRACP edit mode, place your point, and then use the Resize edit mode (X).

Thanks Michael,  That works after I added the Rotate/Resize About Current Point tool to my Layout toolbar.  Seems like quite a bit of extra effort for such a common thing.  I might even be willing to give up the new features for camera views.  I will have to see if I find a use for them.

21 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

To summarize there are three ways to do the same thing that have been discussed so far:

1. Control or Shift select the layout box and use the single top edit handle to resize.

2. Use the Resize edit mode and one of the corner edit handles holding down the X key while dragging a corner.

3. Use the Concentric edit mode and one of the corner edit handles holding down the C key while dragging a corner.

This is horrible, what were they thinking ?

I remember folks clamoring for this ability, and I can definitely see that there are advantages for reshaping layout windows in a non-rectangular fashion.  I know, I have been there.  The preferred option to changes such as this, would be a check box to adopt or not.   I in particular, just switch to concentric edit now when I go into layout, an extra click which is contrary to what I endeavor which is eliminating clicks not adding. 

So without the aforementioned option, I guess I would agree that this is a step backward.

• Upvote 1