Formatting Dimensions in Object specific Labeling

Gr8trim4u

That formatting is only for Dimensions, not for Object Labels.  It requires a custom macro to modify the Labels to ft.in.  I sell a "Framing Labels" macro package that will do that.  The price for that package is $50.00 and it will Label any Framing Member (Rafters, Joists, Beams, Studs, etc.)

2 hours ago, solver said:

Mick, I imagine you are correct. I thought this was changing a single object, not changing a global setting.

***EDIT

Nope apparently not :)  you were right :)  your code above works (thx) as he wants the Joist label in Ft-Inch , my way only gives inches by the looks of it...

* make below the last line above and it will show the Type of Lumber or TJI as well ...you could also add depth x height if desired

s = "#{array[0]}" + "' " + "#{f(array[1])}" +'"' + "' " + " " + type_name

M.

3 hours ago, solver said:

------------

# Function to convert 1.125 to 1 1/8
# rounds to nearest 16th
def f(i)
  if i == 0 then
    inches=0
    return "#{inches}"
  else
    inches = i.floor
    frac = (i.remainder(inches)*16).round.quo(16)
    case 
      when frac == 1
        return "#{inches + 1}"
      when frac == 0
        return "#{inches}"
    else
      return "#{inches} #{frac}" #.gsub!(" ",".")
    end
  end
end

array = length.divmod(12)
s = "#{array[0]}" + "' " + "#{f(array[1])}" +'"'

Wow.

While it's fantastic that there are people here willing to help figure this stuff out, I'm dismayed that it requires such arduous programming to do things that should be easily accessed by the average user.

Does CA actually think contractors in the field are working with decimal inches?? This program should have easily-accessed ft-in designation for EVERYTHING... OOB.

• Upvote 1