Clay Tile Roof - 3D Object

Tony_Sterba

I would love to show a clay tiled roof on this plan - but can't because all the roof patterns/samples that are supplied are flat and 2 dimensional.  The attached jpg just shows shingles for now, bu when I use the roof tiles (Spanish look), it looks... not even close to real.

Is there a way to have clay roof tiles on a roof that looks decent?  I downloaded some 3D tiles and tile ridges - but they are individual and can't be used as an entire surface.  

There are a lot of professional geniuses on this board that use this program.. any advice to steer me in the right direction??

Canyon Blvd. sample.jpg

smaller.jpg

22 hours ago, gelbuilding said:

Tony,

I found a roof tile similar to what you posted.

I lowered the resolution because high resolution slows CA quite considerable.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xzli5q040i5cecv/AAB8QoyDrrhqkhTwIpOxqBjXa?dl=0

Roofing 009.png

I don’t personally need this texture, but I wanted to thank you for sharing anyway George.  Awful kind of you. 

I was hoping to see some additional suggestions here. While you can get along without the tiles in the main body of the roof (using material assignments only), there are still the rake tiles and the ridge tiles, which don't have obvious solutions. It would be great if there was a full complement of 3D moldings symbols for Spanish tile roofs. I'll make the suggestion. 

1 hour ago, Richard_Morrison said:

I was hoping to see some additional suggestions here. While you can get along without the tiles in the main body of the roof (using material assignments only), there are still the rake tiles and the ridge tiles, which don't have obvious solutions. It would be great if there was a full complement of 3D moldings symbols for Spanish tile roofs. I'll make the suggestion. 

Richard,

PM me.  I have such a set of symbols that can be used with Distribution Regions and Molding PLines.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

Here's some samples of what I do.  These are 3D Mission Roof Tile Symbols placed using Distribution Regions, Distribution Paths and Ridge Caps.  Each tile is a symbol but using distribution regions for the field tile and separate symbols for the Ridge Caps and Rake Assemblies the result is just about as realistic as it can get.

491146240_FrontElevation-RT.thumb.JPG.cc0ac11cd2e42c9b8776c08f4e6af56f.JPG954839801_Screenshot2022-08-04070603.thumb.png.811b8150f92da9e5f77b139132a6c94d.png

• Upvote 1