Adjusting auto Label Offset for Libary Object

Sydney23

Hi,

I have just created a new 2D symbol for an old library downlight and it seems to be working OK. But the label is a long way from the new (smaller) symbol in plan view. I know I can set that offset for each instance of the light via their properties/dialogues, but that would mean selecting and changing every single downlight. Is there a way of adjusting the Y offset for the label for the new library item, so that every time I put it in a plan the label is closer to the symbol in plan view? Or for all electrical items? Pretty sure I've adjusted this in the past but I've been away from CA for 2 years.

BTW, I'm still using x6.

Thanks.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for that. I just tried it in plan view and elevation and didn't work either time - the new library item's label is still a way away from the item when placed. I deleted the previous version in the library to make sure that wasn't corrupting things. 

Might be an X6 thing? 

you may need to open the symbol ( Chair and Pencil Icon not Book ) and alter the CAD BLOCK  , you may need to insert it , explode it , move label , rename CAD Block and make it the default for the symbol and then resave the symbol to your library.... 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00805/editing-2d-cad-blocks-assigned-to-3d-symbols.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00380/deleting-unused-cad-blocks-from-a-plan.html

Hi Mick, 

I tried that method too, no luck as there is no option for labels during making the CAD block on this item. If the method Eric found works in X9 I'll just add it to my list of excuses for upgrading from X6!!

been a while since I played with it , but the Label isn't an "option" or TAB,  it is usually just a Text block which you can move , retype etc after exploding the CAD Block , once done you then re-select everything and "Block" it again, and make it the default for the symbol.

M.

9 hours ago, Sydney23 said:

Hi Mick, 

I tried that method too, no luck as there is no option for labels during making the CAD block on this item. If the method Eric found works in X9 I'll just add it to my list of excuses for upgrading from X6!!

Michael just made a video on adjusting CAD Blocks , not sure if it all applies to X6 though Andy..... time for an upgrade :) better now than next month when X10 comes out....