Stair Issue----BUG?

Larry_Sweeney

I started an as built floor plan and ran into a problem with the stairs. I started in X9 then moved it up into X10 beta. The problem occurs in both versions. I didn't try to duplicate the problem in earlier versions so I don't know if it has always been a problem, but I don't remember having it before. If I move wall "A" 4" or more to the right and then open and close the stair dbx. the problem is gone. Another way is to leave wall "A" where it is and move wall "B" so it is not under the stairs and after opening and closing the stair dbx. the problem goes away. I've been away from the program for awhile so I'm not sure if it's something I don't have set up correctly or it's a bug. Does anyone get the same results I'm showing?

Also at area "C". Is there a way to get the handrail centered on the endwall and the outside stringer board 3/4" beyond the sheetrock on the wall? The way I think to work around this is to build two staircases. One set starting one step up from the floor (first step would be made with a landing for the "volute Tread") and going up to the area where the stairs has walls on both sides and building the railing manually. This, I think, would let me extend the width of the stairs so the string board would be 3/4" beyond the drywall. I would then start a second set of stairs to start where the first ended and go between the walls to the second floor. Is there a better way to deal with this problem? I was hoping for stair improvements in X10. I've been working with CA since 2006 and that entire time we've been asking for a "stair building work over".

STAIR FLOORPLAN.JPG

Strongly As Built.zip

DSC00027.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

Greg..........If I uncheck the Winders box the stairs wouldn't cut back to between the walls in the second half distance going up the stairs-------correct?

Eric.........Basically what you did is what I was thinking with a few minor differences. I would still do the railing manually and a landing for the first step because of using a volute. Did you get the same result with the problem of the top tread jutting out to the other wall at the top of the stairs when building a single set of stairs and the winders box checked?

Greg...... I think the two work together because if the contraction distance isn't set correctly it doesn't matter if you have the "Winder" box checked.

It really looks like a BUG to me. Maybe I'm missing something. If I or someone else doesn't come up with a solution to what's causing the tread jump I'll report it tomorrow.

The usual fix for "C"  is to use two staircases one upto the wall and other from there up , you can just use the Starter Tread Tool for the "Volute"  tread ...works well. Make the upper staircase without Winders and hopefully that will fix the other issues too.

Normally you need to add your own base to the wall under the stairs , I use the Room Molding Polyline for that and edit/move it as needed.

You will need to draw your own railing I think and add the Volute  , I'll play a bit more later if needed....

M.

72.JPG