How Model 6" Stem Wall Next to 8" stem wall

Autumn1

CA X9 Premier (2017) I am trying to model a simple 8" concrete stem wall (crawlspace) foundation on std footing. BUT - I want to put a 6" conc. wall with no footing against the 8" wall that CA draws and I want it to be 10" less in height than the 8" stem wall. I can model it using the concrete slab tool. Is that the "best" way? I tried drawing a 6" stem wall and deleting the footing but couldn't figure how to change the height and also it causes CA to change the previously drawn 8" Stem Wall to a 6" thickness. 

1 hour ago, Autumn1 said:

I tried drawing a 6" stem wall and deleting the footing but couldn't figure how to change the height and also it causes CA to change the previously drawn 8" Stem Wall to a 6" thickness. 

Select the concrete wall, and as you drag the node down, hit your tab key. This will allow you to adjust the height on the Y-axis.

FDN.jpg

If you draw the basement wall as two walls and check the inner wall as a "furred" wall in the double wall options ( structure tab)  X9 will treated it as one wall and will even drop the the inner wall height automatically for the joists , if you set the Foundation Option to Hang the 1st Floor inside the Foundation. 

Easiest way is to draw a short length of the inner wall type in the middle of the house on level 0 , open it , on the Structure Tab , set the furred option to On , change the wall type to Concrete 6"  ( copy the 8" Conc Stem wall and change it  to 6" thick if needed) ,then move the wall up against the existing foundation wall ( use the ctrl key to bump it over the Footing) and then continue drawing it around the complete basement. You may need to rebuild the foundation and or Framing to get the Joists etc to build correctly.

Here is the plan...unfortunately I did the test plan in x10 Beta which you would need to open it ...the Beta is free and now in your digital locker if you want to try it though.

DBL Foundation Wall.plan

Capture36.thumb.JPG.8bfede8f08db381caa306b6a58a5a822.JPGCapture37.thumb.JPG.3a87e864432a4ee845e6a50d665a6f15.JPG

DBL Foundation Wall.plan