X10 material list example formulas Chief staff

Mark3D

I would be really good if you chief people could share us a example  file with multiple formulas place in the material list so we can see what can be done  so we don’t have to spend a year learning ruby just some to get us started,  I am sure it would get  more people using the new material list section could be good for the beta period 

I believe you are in error in assuming that Ruby macros are required (or needed) in order to use custom formulas in the material list.

Ruby macros do not have access to the column info in the material list for objects - soooo not much use other than to add another variable in the mix.

Material list columns use simple arithmetic which is explained in the X10 help. Macros there can add additional numbers to sum, as a alternate, in the case of add on accessories. I would normally not even bother with Ruby macros there.

Macros only advantage would be if you wanted to calculate cost based on some  parameter, as in it's area/volume or length. a macro could provide this info, for example. to calculate the cost of say a slab by it's area (sq ft) or number of bags of concrete, etc.

Or you could provide a cost markup based on different cabinet finishes. Or calculate the approximate weight and cost of rebar and surface coating  (gals) for slabs, If we had height for walls we could cal the number of bricks/cmu needed and cost. Cost per length for different molding styles and dims.You get the idea??