foundation walls extending to top of 1st floor

Lee66cj5

I'm new to Chief Architect and have a problem with only certain foundation wallsls extending to the top of first floor framing in a slab house with 24" stem walls. the walls don't correspond to a specific room above, but in several rooms. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere, but I don't know where to look. the walls are shown in the picture below.I have had the program for about a week and I have to convert my standard house plans from AutoCAD.

Thanks,

Lee

way too many settings to guess at without a plan as Eric said .... especially from a small pic like that.....

close the plan in CA and drag and drop it into the light grey area in the reply window. If it is over 25mb , you will need to ZIP the plan to get below that limit , and/or delete some stuff from the Plan.

M.

3 minutes ago, solver said:

You have a bunch of first floor walls marked as Knee Wall.

that appears to be it...... I am thinking the foundation wall picks up the attribute from the 1st floor since the Foundation is autobuilt.

Knee Walls

Knee Walls are a bit like Attic Walls in that they are not meant to generate to full ceiling height. Instead, they build upward until they encounter a roof plane. Unlike Attic Walls, however, Knee Walls are used in the interior of a structure, typically to separate unused areas from rooms on the upper floor of a story-and-a-half structure. See Room Types and Functions.

Chief Architect does not specify walls as Knee Walls automatically. If an interior wall is drawn in a location where the roof is lower than the ceiling height, you should specify it as a Knee Wall in the Wall Specification dialog. See Roof Panel.

For best results, Knee Walls should be drawn perpendicular to the pitch of the roof and should intersect with Full Gable Walls on each end.

If you take a cross section through the Owners Suite you can see there are two different wall types , not really as they both appear to be Boone 4" Brick,4" Exterior.

I'd have to look more when I have time.....

can you really only use a 3/8" air gap to brick where ever you are?

M

Capture38.thumb.JPG.7b68ae107812e021c51202b07abe7c1e.JPG

Okay great , I do know Brick Walls by definition act differently than Framed walls but I hardly ever deal with Brick Walls these days...

Aligning Foundation Walls

The Foundation To This Line setting in the Wall Type Definitions dialog controls how a wall of a given type aligns with foundation walls directly below on Floor 0.

By default, Foundation To This Line is specified for the Main Layer of most wall types. An exception to this are brick wall types, which have Foundation To This Line specified for the exterior siding layer.

M.

Thank you Solver and Kbird1! The problem was my wall definition for the foundation walls. When I moved the air gap and CMU to the main layer as Solver suggested then everything worked as expected.

Thanks again!

Lee