X10 auto built wall gap

Smn842

For my first look at X10 I tried opening an existing X9 plan and the previously correct roof and auto built walls now have a gap:

5a57fda1d16e8_Roofissue.thumb.jpg.7d94b462a1715849f69bfb2adb68162c.jpg

Anyone else reported this type of issue for the current X10 beta? 

If not I'll sort out a cut down plan for CA support to have a look at to see if its a bug or problem with my plan.

1 minute ago, Smn842 said:

Anyone else reported this type of issue for the current X10 beta? 

If not I'll sort out a cut down plan for CA support to have a look at to see if its a bug or problem with my plan.

PLEASE report it anyway.  Just because someone else reports it is not enough.  I'd venture to guess this attitude and thought process is reason numero uno that things don't get fixed.  Not only will Chief leave it on the back burner in favor of items that have been reported by more users, but just because another user has similar problem doesn't mean its caused by the same thing.  Please please please...for your sake, for my sake, for the sake of all users...if you care enough about the problem you're having that you would like to see it fixed...report it.

• Upvote 1

Yes,

Please send in the plan. Every plan has some slight differences so this may be a regression we have not seen. If it worked in a previous version it should still work.

If you can send in the X9 plan that worked that helps.

We also understand it is time consuming to report bugs. We hope you can make the time to send the plan in and explain the problem. 

And if it helps, a big thanks for taking the time to report!

• 1 month later...
On 12/01/2018 at 4:36 PM, Dan_Park said:

Please send in the plan. Every plan has some slight differences so this may be a regression we have not seen. If it worked in a previous version it should still work.

If you can send in the X9 plan that worked that helps.

We also understand it is time consuming to report bugs. We hope you can make the time to send the plan in and explain the problem. 

And if it helps, a big thanks for taking the time to report!

The response I got from the support case a month back was to manually edit the wall and the issue would be looked into.  Manually editing is fine but stops auto rebuild so not ideal.

Today I chased up to find out if this issue has been confirmed/logged as a bug given the X10 official release version still has the same problem.  The response was to request the plan in X9 format which I provided a month ago when I raised the case and specifically stated it was still in X9 format.  This makes it appear this hasn't even been reviewed to date.

I raised another compatibility issue when I upgraded from X8 to X9 that also yielded nothing other than a workaround and was never fixed.  I work in software development and appreciate that some regression bugs will never get fixed, but lack of feedback (request for more info, not reproducible, confirmed bug ID etc) and not appearing to read clear case notes doesn't do much to make users keep reporting issues.  I do hope I've just had bad luck with my two support tickets to date.

15 hours ago, Smn842 said:

I raised another compatibility issue when I upgraded from X8 to X9 that also yielded nothing other than a workaround and was never fixed.  I work in software development and appreciate that some regression bugs will never get fixed, but lack of feedback (request for more info, not reproducible, confirmed bug ID etc) and not appearing to read clear case notes doesn't do much to make users keep reporting issues.  I do hope I've just had bad luck with my two support tickets to date.

This has been my general consensus with bug reporting as well.  With feedback like 'we've sent to our engineer to review', and then nothing done about it with no additional reply, gives little confidence in the process.  So, I've stopped wasting my time in reporting them, seemed fruitless.  I probably talk to tech support once a year, just faster to fix things on my own after 2 or 3 back and forth before I get what I need (maybe my fault).  Seems that they are only interested in fixing items through the private beta (as a former beta tester) and by the time it gets to public, they consider items less important or a non-bug and 'might eventually' get to it.  If that is really what happens, or just my perception (probably), either way, the damage is done in the PR department.

The response I got from the support case a month back was to manually edit the wall and the issue would be looked into.  Manually editing is fine but stops auto rebuild so not ideal.

Today I chased up to find out if this issue has been confirmed/logged as a bug given the X10 official release version still has the same problem.  The response was to request the plan in X9 format which I provided a month ago when I raised the case and specifically stated it was still in X9 format.  This makes it appear this hasn't even been reviewed to date.

We have been able to duplicate this problem and we are looking into it further.  We will try to get a fix into the program as soon as we are able and hopefully it will be fixed by the next available update.  For now, if you wish to work on this plan in X10, you can manually edit your wall to correct the problem.  Unfortunately, this also means that if you make additional changes to your plan that you may have to make additional manual edits to this particular wall.

I would classify this kind of problem as "lost functionality" because this was something that worked in X9 that is not working correctly in X10.  Normally, problems such as this are one of our highest priorities, second only to things like program crashes.  Unfortunately, there was a failure in our internal processes which meant that this particular problem did not properly get onto our developer todo list the way it should have.  I apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused.

Thank you for taking the time to report this.  We appreciate it when our customers take the time to help us make our products better.  If you find any more issues like this in X10, please help us by reporting these as well.