Physically Based Rendering

wjmdes

Very Impressed:  I did end up running through lightroom to fine tune a few things.  I exported at 3000 wide and at 300dpi and it looks really good.  There were a few extra lines that showed up and I am not sure how to report it to the support team.

Untitled 2 - Copy-Edit.jpg

I believe the Public Beta Bug reports are handled by tech support and they will forward them for you.  You can also post the plan file here with a saved camera and someone knowledgeable may have an answer for you or be experiencing the same problem and you can discuss.

I have reported an observed bug in the Physical Render engine that produces unwanted overly bright areas found usually at doors and between walls and ceilings. We will see if they get this corrected. For now, I am sticking with Ray Tracing. The new Physical Render engine shows some promise but is still very much in a Beta Phase.

DJP

I"ve never been a big rendering guy, tried a bit more this year as need arose but I always struggle with RTs.

I approached these as if nothing I knew applied but that like RTs need to be "worked" a little and I 'd have to find out what did what.

While there are still things that need tweaking the results are better than I normally can produce, faster, easier. I'm not going back.

IN Orlando now and only have the Spectre with me so haven't run stuff through latest update but here's some of what I've been able to do.

Green Chamo 4.png

T_Right 600 bump.png

Z-right 2RESET  Brt.png

A bit confused with the terms...The way I understand it RayTracing requires a separate RayTrace command with its own settings and takes time or passes to come up with a result. And the 'Physical Rendering' is a setting or function of the 3D rendering engine within Chief. If that's correct are the pictures we are seeing here the results of a RayTraced Chief model? Or screen shots/pictures of a physically Rendered model? They look good either way and nice job but am curious as to what we are seeing.

Thanks

35 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

A bit confused with the terms...The way I understand it RayTracing requires a separate RayTrace command with its own settings and takes time or passes to come up with a result. And the 'Physical Rendering' is a setting or function of the 3D rendering engine within Chief. If that's correct are the pictures we are seeing here the results of a RayTraced Chief model? Or screen shots/pictures of a physically Rendered model? They look good either way and nice job but am curious as to what we are seeing.

Thanks

Mine are physically based render, my ray traces aren't that good. 

Not sure how you guys are getting this physically based render to work, here are two renders one physical and one standard.

The physical is very dark and bad. Does a good job on stainless steel, am i missing something?

I even have the enhanced lighting turned on?

stnd render.jpg

phys render.jpg

ALL camera views now use the new Ray Casted Sun Shadows , on a lesser PC it is worth turning off as it consumes high CPU cycles in all camera views if on, as it is Ray Traced Based , it is noticeable even on my Desktop .....eg ramped up fan noise and heat just like when I RayTrace.

M

Capture36.thumb.JPG.f4a9b488f59f108dc474eec4af0a4c5b.JPG

5 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

ALL camera views now use the new Ray Casted Sun Shadows , on a lesser PC it is worth turning off as it consumes high CPU cycles in all camera views if on, as it is Ray Traced Based , it is noticeable even on my Desktop .....eg ramped up fan noise and heat just like when I RayTrace.

M

Capture36.thumb.JPG.f4a9b488f59f108dc474eec4af0a4c5b.JPG

Just a FYI : BrianBeck has now stated there is a bug in RCSS and it will be worked on for the final release to help alleviate this issue....

• 2 months later...
On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎11 at 8:08 PM, dskogg said:

not sure what happened but it looks much better now.

phys render 3.jpg

Hi Dskogg, Can you post a screenshot of the rendering technique settings? Mine looks ultra exposed on floor camera.