Is There or Will There Be a Forum For X10 public Beta Questions?

HumbleChief

I think Lew is correct , which is a Pity as we already have enough of the "What version are you using questions for new members" since a Signature is not required with the Version no# either .

There really should be a Forum for EACH Version.....

M.

17 minutes ago, lbuttery said:

I think that would be overkill

then you would be having to post - "sorry, you are in the wrong forum" all the time

Lew

That plus the fact that most things that are possible with one version of premier also work the same with other versions of premier.  It could result in a crapload of redundant information.  

I completely  understand and sympathize with your frustrations Mick. I just don’t think there’s an easy answer.  

The best solution might be your idea of requiring users to enter their current version info.   I mean, Chief should have that already anyway. The only small downside I can see is the fact some people might not want to share that information for fear of being ostracized or for fear of the inevitable “You should upgrade” after every query.  Pretty minor detail that I’m sure people could just deal with if you ask me, but a consideration nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

Yes I think the version should be mandatory , when you join the Forum , either under the Avatar or in a compulsory signature with version number as a minimum. System specs are a bonus but not really needed in most cases.

Most other Forums I am on are split by version number or have current version and "legacy" forums at least but here at Chief , at least those on the Forum generally have the latest version as they are active participants in the Forum.

It's not so much that you can't make CA X7 do something , you could just have totally different tools/methods, to do it in X9 with ....that and the fact the OP can't open any "fixed" plan you provide for a User of Older versions...since there is no warning opening older drawings of this issue....at least not till you go to save them....

Been asked for by many for MANY years , same over on the HomeTalk Forums , where versions, are an even bigger issue.... but there has never been a response from CA , so I don't think you need to worry about a change here now either....

KB