Wayfair Catalog Pendant Lights

mtldesigns

This is a weird one.  I loaded two "Belltown 1-Light Mini Pendant" lights in my model (these are in the Wayfair catalog) with one switch, and it changes the the switch to a 4 way.  ???  I then loaded another plan just to see, and I put just one of these pendant lights in the model, with one switch and when connected, it turned to a 3 way.  I tried 6 other pendant lights from the same catalog, with one switch, and sure enough they all turned to 3 ways.  Other pendants from the core or bonus catalogs work as planned.  I guess I never paid attention to this before, since most of the time it is a 3-way situation..  a bug in the catalog maybe?  Anyone else duplicating this?

BTW I know how to override (unchecking option to auto change type) but thought it was crazy to mention..

4 way.jpg

This is a good question fo Tech Support so they can fix this (I have not yet used the electrical objects that are apparently at cause here). A a work round, I would replace the wiring connection from the last light to the switch using a mere CAD Arc, set to "Electrical Connections layer so the line style and colors match. then place the switch which should now stay single pole, one way.

DJP

Exactly, it thought I was connection another switch instead of a light.  And they too said what you mentioned was another work around, beside what I mentioned in my BTW.  But don't you have to copy that part into your users catalog to modify the setting you show?  I guess If I start using a bunch of these lights via Wayfair I will do that, at least until the updated catalog gets corrected.  Don't think that would be top of the list, so you.. :-)