Specialty Cabinets for refrigerators

RHDesigns

I am new to CA and having trouble with a few items, I have switched to CA from cabinet vision , in that software I had a refrigerator cabinet that was 2 legs and a upper cabinet leaving a box size opening to place a ref. in ,  push in type not a built in !  Is that a cabinet I have to create and then save in my personal user library and if so are there any tutorials that could help ? essentially it is a upper cabinet with the rails going to the floor ?  

This is a cabinet that is used often as I design for a true custom cabinet company ! Or is the option to use a semi custom from one of the CA catalogs and they modify as needed ?

Any help would be great !!

Thx. 

9 hours ago, RHDesigns said:

I am new to CA and having trouble with a few items, I have switched to CA from cabinet vision , in that software I had a refrigerator cabinet that was 2 legs and a upper cabinet leaving a box size opening to place a ref. in ,  push in type not a built in !  Is that a cabinet I have to create and then save in my personal user library and if so are there any tutorials that could help ? essentially it is a upper cabinet with the rails going to the floor ?  

This is a cabinet that is used often as I design for a true custom cabinet company ! Or is the option to use a semi custom from one of the CA catalogs and they modify as needed ?

Any help would be great !!

Thx. 

There are a number of videos in the knowledge base , then there is the Reference Manual and the Tutorial and a good section in the new Chief Tutorial PDF found at Product Documentation

Just a note- Once a cabinet is placed in the user library you don't have access to change anything but the name until it is placed in a plan. Because of that it's useful to change whatever needs be prior to saving to the library.

• Those things that  should to follow defaults ahead of time. That would be door, drawer style, side panels, and materials.
  • Layer (I place some on a second cabinet layer), fill if not standard
  • Label if not standard (as in the case of a refrigerator cabinet- the automatic label is unlikely to match what you use day to day)

10 hours ago, RHDesigns said:

Like Eric said or implied, custom cabinets you manually make using the tools at hand (mainly, in this case, Cabinet Tools). You use the cabinet specification dialog to achieve the desired effect or appearance. Most new users do not appreciate the power of your cabinet tools, in terms of modifications you can make on the fly.

DJP