Can't get a doorway to sit flush

kal152

It is silly to have to turn off the casing and change the number, I really don't like to use the ignore the casing option, or you will see the casing imbedded into the wall in floor view. I always like it the way it's built, you can always widen the hallways to accommodate whatever casing you might have. Your contractors will scream at you if it's not correct.. If your plan calls for 6" or larger casing, you need to plan for that. Real world conditions rules. I realize in the condition you stated it doesn't matter b/c it's an opening without any casing.

On 1/6/2018 at 0:26 PM, kal152 said:

Thanks, that is silly you have to do that when the casing is turned off

Turning the Casing Off via the Checkbox can cause visual issues in 3D views particularly with Garage doors where it often shows as the Jamb "flashing" as you move the camera , so it is better to set it's width and depth to 0" ( I think it resets to 1/16th auto.) to avoid this.

Like Michael,  I always use the Ignore Casing Setting , you just need to realize it is on.... or turn it off if the Job mandates Full Casings everywhere.

M.

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, Anna_Gorres said:

What about having the base molding within the doorway? Is there an easier way to do this than using a custom molding line? 

Capture_no base at doorway.JPG

Perhaps your wall(s) isn't quite aligned with the Doorway?  it seems to work for me okay ...Post your plan and someone will look otherwise...

6.JPG7.thumb.JPG.ae695923ad6e6221fc8837f24e87f2ad.JPG