Gable Wall Cantilever Underside

Craig_G

Trying to add some detail to a gable wall by extending it over a custom bay window structure. Ceiling on 2nd floor is ok, and the framing appears to be decent, but I just can't get the underside of the cantilever/boxing to cover. I've tried many tutorials on cantilevers, but it doesn't seem to apply to this scenario when automating the build. Is this possible, or do I just need to manually create the area? This current version was accomplished by creating a 3rd floor, and adding a new gable end wall. I also increased the overhang length. Thank you.

Capture4.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture.PNG

again,  you should post the plan,  but if I had to guess,  I would of really turned that attic level into a REAL FLOOR WITH  ROOMS,  and then the cantilevered  portion would have a finish defined by you.  If you look at the underside you should see a finish material,  but it will have no thickness,  because of this if you have the framing turned on I  bet you will see z fighting between the framing and the soffit material ....  so the solution would be to turn off framing.

Of course you can always add a psolid under the cantilever to serve as the finish.

• Upvote 1

I believe this article was my guide for the 3rd floor option:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00979/message-you-created-an-object-on-the-attic-floor.html

I'm not exactly sure how I create a room in the attic that then allows me to automatically create the framing that creates the floor or 2nd/exterior ceiling for the overhang, since I can't define any rooms in the attic, just walls. I've attached the plan with what I was able to accomplish so far in the attic, but if you could guide me just a little bit further, it would be much appreciated. It could also be that I'm assuming auto-framing will work for this... when it won't.

test.plan