Gable Hourglass Auto-Framing

Craig_G

Hello, new to the forum and product in general. Trying to build some test structures to get familiar. I have a strange issue with one of the gable walls. The framing wants to continue upward through the roof in a mirrored pattern. If I hide wall framing, it doesn't show, but I'm wondering if it's a problem somewhere else in the building that's causing this. It's all created with automatic framing enabled. When I try to remove it, I get the warning about changing auto-generated members. It also doesn't show on the wall detail. Any ideas? Thank you.

Capture3.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

2 minutes ago, Craig_G said:

That mysterious attic level. Thanks guys.

yes,  the mysterious attic level....  I always have one extra floor.....  if I have a two story house,  I really have at least 3 levels......  give it a try,  always have an extra level,  it will come in handy.

• Upvote 1

you have to many roofs built over those area's not sure what you are trying to accomplish but you have 3 floors and then the attic looks like you only wanted 2 floors and the attic, as stated go up to the attic area and delete the roof planes in that area