Measurements showing 1/64 and /128"

40mstew

Yes I think the snap grid needs to match the Dimension default in this particular case , so when you draw an Approx. length line it will "snap" to the nearest 1/16th rather than draw at the exact length you "pulled" when drawing without snaps on. 

You can alter the Snap setting as needed eg when drawing walls set it to 1" so the wall length "snaps" on full inches eg 11' not 10' 11 7/8"

KB

23 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Yes I think the snap grid needs to match the Dimension default in this case

It actually has nothing to do with the dimension defaults...only the grid snaps.  The fractional accuracy displayed in dialog boxes cannot actually be changed as far as I know.  If you hold down control to force a line to an off length you should still see the fractional accuracy display to the 128th of an inch...at least for lines.  Not all objects can actually be resized to that accuracy though.  Take windows for example...you can only resize to 1/16" accuracy and therefore you won't see any denominators beyond 1/16" for those. 

Yes, I meant in this particular case the snaps must equal his Dim.Defaults ( snaps were off ) so he can't draw lines "any length" , they will instead snap to the nearest snap point , so he won't see 1/64 or 1/128th in the dialog boxes. You are right AFAIK about the DBX,  the Numbers in the DBX are not changeable only their display type.

I should of mentioned using the Control key to temporarily "break" the snaps if needed ....or simply clicking on the Icon ( or Ctrl-F9) to toggle them Off..... for example when using the Tape Measure Tool , so it doesn't snap to the Grid instead of to your Line work or whatever.