Wall covering on a furred wall

cv2702

Please see attached plan.  Go to level 0 and create a camera view in Sub-room-1.

Both the east outside furred wall and the inside wall have a wall covering defined, but only the inside wall will show it.

The project includes a finished basement with a tiled shower against an outside wall.  I need that 12" strip of mosaic all around.  I can think of a few workarounds, but I didn't find anything on furred walls that would disallow wall coverings.

Test - Wall covering.plan

Eric,

What do you mean when you say "redrawing the furred walls"?  I tried moving/deleting/resizing one wall, but same result.  I also noticed in your attached picture that all the furred walls end up with the wall covering, even though I had defined only the east outside wall as ving one; even the interior side of the inside wall ends up with some wall covering, albeit different.   Would you mind sharing the resulting plan so I can try to see the differences?

On a side note, when I change that east outside wall back to a 'frame through', that wall then shows the wall covering.  Change it back to furred, no show.

Which brings me to a second point.  Once I've set up the basement furred walls, what are the consequences of changing them back to frame through?  I can't see any.  What's your take?

Bottom line: something finicky with these furred walls.

Understood.  I would imagine that basements in AZ aren't that popular.  Up north, they're a necessity in general because the ground can freeze to 4 feet or more, especially this winter.

I like your approach, getting down into the wall definitions.  The advantage with the 'furred' setting is that it allows one to visually set  up a finished basement by drawing and clicking settings.  But given the issues I had using this approach ( a bug I believe), I'll keep your approach in mind the next time.

22 hours ago, solver said:

I did not notice they were marked as furred -- not a setting I use and not sure what it does. I deleted the 4 outside interior walls and drew in new ones, applying a new wall material to them all.

I'd define the wall like this, instead of having 2 walls, But I don't do basements ...

ct1.thumb.jpg.b0e0484b1d9e77ccd3e0ae4202982faf.jpg

The Furred Setting basically tells CA that the two walls should be treated as one wall ( a Double Wall ) and hopefully you shouldn't get weird interactions as you do if trying to get two normal walls close to each other ....usually the Furred Wall would be a one sided wall though, ie just the Framing Main layer and the Inner Drywall layer , though an AirGap as the Outer layer may make it easier to "bump" the two walls together.

Its just as easy to copy and redefine your usual Foundation Wall with the 3 extra Wall Layers in a Basement Situation and make it your Default Foundation WallType, the Furred Wall is handy if for eg. you need a Double Fire Wall between Duplexes and that type of thing where you want two One Sided walls back to back.  (CA calls them Marriage Walls though I have never heard the Term)

M.