Room Labels

Designer1

Im working on some older Chief plans and am familiar with the text tool to add different information about your plan per each room label.  However, I cant seem to be able to adjust items listed per room label.  Since it was many versions of chief ago that created these, when I go into room labels its not showing them listing the square footages, plus room dimensions.  Where can I go to adjust these if they arent showing up as being added to the labels?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I can control the room label if I go in the dbx and uncheck room label.  Im wondering how I can get it to display but not have all the square footage extras on there? I cant remember what version  of Chief changed layers but I remember a learning curve going from the old standard of layers to the new.  Now Im trying to get this old plan figured out in the new chief.

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Hi Glen, what I want is the default room labels...room name and typical room size.  Im not interested in the added square feet provided on the label right now.

Sounds like you need to turn Off the Rooms, Standard Area Display ......in the ALDO  perhaps the Rooms,Interior Area too

.....................not in the DBX > Label Tab.

ie the opposite of what Eric and I thought you were trying to do initially..... see his Pic again above and uncheck the two options I just mentioned.

Thanks Mick and Eric.  I havent ever had this much trouble with room labels in over ten years of using chief.  Usually the standard info in room labels is fine.  I see the picture Eric provided above.  Where do I go to find all the check boxes that I want to include or exclude from the room labels that he is showing?

Chopsaw, that was it...found it!   I was laughing because I was counting three over from preferences but it wasnt it... then I remembered I had a custom toolbar on so when I switched to default tool bar it was right there...three over from preferences.  So glad I found it!  Thanks again for everyones help.

Glad you got it finally :)  sorry I didn't think about the fact not everyone may use the ALDO frequently or be familiar with it, I always have it open for me as I use Dual Monitors, so pull it and the Library out to separate Windows.

Thx. Chopsaw...

Mick, no problem!  Theres no right way to use Chief and it sounds like with two monitors, your way of doing it is very efficient.  I need to get the two monitors going!  Thanks for all your help and suggestions Mick it was a learning experience so now I know more about this aspect of Chief. :)