Symbol Fills

KilianDrafting

Is there anything I can do to remove the fills for all symbols in an existing plan, such as plumbing fixtures, kitchen appliances, etc. (other than opening up each one individually)

I have a builder who prints out his plans from pdfs, but all the filled items print out black, no matter what color I have them filled with (white OR same as background)

You can save yourself a bit of work by replacing identical objects per floor. For instance, if you have five identical toilets on a floor, select one of them and adjust the fill as desired, then save it to your library. Next, select the toilet (in the plan), and use the Replace From Library tool. It's not a global solution, but AFAIK it's the best Chief offers.

replace.thumb.PNG.9229a195783a3cf701b22a3a9908bdbd.PNG

9 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I assume you've already tried sorting out the problem on your client's end?  Sounds to me like perhaps one of his print(er) settings just needs to be adjusted.

Certain color ranges will print as black (when printing color to b&w), while others will print as white. I once adjusted all my color fills to print as white when printed to b&w, but when we changed printers that effort was wasted, because as Michael observed, different printers will print differently.

I have tried, it is an older oce plotter. I have tried to walk through several different settings with him to fix it, but without success. I have even tried printing to a "color" or pdf to see if that would work with white fills. No luck. We have a little newer oce plotter, and we don't have any trouble printing.