CA Version 10.0b -Any Use? CD's & Manual+Key

Autumn1

Hi - Just bought bullet and upgraded after 10 years. K Bird thanks for advice on Home Pro but I went with X-9 Premier anyway! 

My V10 from 2006/ 2008 ish still runs on a hard CPU but can't email or anything else from it. I think its on Windows XP. (Had to pay a CList Comp. Guru once or twice to keep it going) 

Is it trash? I think I have everything. CD's, Instructional CD's, Paper Manual, Hdw. Lock, etc. Can anyone use it? Or should I toss it? 

Thank You & Happy New Year. 

according to Chief's license you have to keep or destroy prior versions if they have been upgraded

I  have donated the hardware key, with CA's permission to owners who have lost/damaged their keys

I suppose the same could be done with manuals etc

if they go to a current owner

check with CA's for details

Lew

Hi Autumn 1 ...not sure where I actually recommended Pro to you now but if you took the discount to upgrade to CA X9 then you can't legally sell it AFAIK or even give it away as that license is tied to X9 now too. Does it show in your Digital Locker?

Best to call Sales and ask if for example a Family member has an old computer to run it on if they can....

• 2 weeks later...

Any plans created prior to V10 can't be opened in X9 and up.  If you ever need to open a plan with a .pl* extension you will need V10 through X8 in order to bring the plan forward into X9+.  I would keep that old computer and V10 in case you want to access an old file.