Polygon Solid Glass

Bretkennedy74

I am having some trouble seeing my polygon on my 3d view. I have followed the example in the bathrooms video, when I place the plygon on the pony wall and go back to a plan view, my polygon isn't red, it is there so I move it into place, but when I look on the 3d, it isn't visible. 

I have tried changing materials but seem to be missing something, I have attached pics. This is just the latest iteration of preferences. 

anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Bret

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 7.02.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 7.03.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 7.05.10 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 7.05.15 PM.png

1 hour ago, Bretkennedy74 said:

got it. Ok I don't really know a lot about layers, have to find that video I think :)

appreciate the help

Eric is refer to the Display Layers Option  or the ALDO (Active Layer Display Options)  which I normally have open on the side to turn "layers" on and off in Views as needed, anything will a RED Cross is ON (seen) in the view, it is a very powerful feature, as is using Custom Layers.

The ALDO is available for ALL views in Chief via the View Menu.

M.

The Knowledge Base is very handy for info if you are new to CA.....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03007/using-the-active-layer-display-options.html

and the new Tutorial guide is worth getting and  going through too...

https://cloud.chiefarchitect.com/1/pdf/documentation/chief-architect-current-tutorial-guide.pdf

• Upvote 1

I would really recommend that people try going through the Tutorial Guide too.   In fact, I would suggest that the Tutorial Guid e is probably the single best place to start.  The Help files, the knowledge base, various tutorial videos, etc. are all great but that approach inevitably leads to people skipping over important fundamental basics.   The Tutorial Guide serves as a very good introduction to all the important concepts each user will need to understand to effectively and efficiently utilize Chief. 

• Upvote 1