Transparent wall?

ACADuser

I do these for the contractor & framer https://sketchfab.com/models/dbc6c399f0114a79a15549b540d6c65e

But I would like to add a semi transparent wall in the form of a p-solid on the long wall that separated this unit from the others.

How would you go about making it transparent like the 85% fill on plan view closed poly lines?

I would like to create a psolid that occupied the same space as the CMU wall but on a layer that is visible in 3D Framing view.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

I do these for the contractor & framer https://sketchfab.com/models/dbc6c399f0114a79a15549b540d6c65e

But I would like to add a semi transparent wall in the form of a p-solid on the long wall that separated this unit from the others.

How would you go about making it transparent like the 85% fill on plan view closed poly lines?

Thanks

Alan,  You should be able to do that just by assigning the material to the p-solid and adjusting the transparency.

• Upvote 1

Alan,

Thanks for the pointer.  I gave Sketchfab a try, but my results looked more like a post nuclear blast.  I acknowledge this is not CA related, but perhaps via a PM you could explain how you "post process the 3D settings for lighting & tome mapping".

snip_20171223122526.thumb.png.8c689e02bdb615c3d8022666e0420114.png

Clive ( @renosud ) was explaining in the Mystery Materials Thread that that happens on SketchFab when you have too many materials for SketchFab to handle in the file ...ie over 100 but I don't know SketchFab myself to help much, check out his Post.....

19 minutes ago, cv2702 said:

Mick,

Thanks.  100 textures sounds like a major restriction.  Back to the viewer I guess.

He got his Model working and it looked pretty good..... he just had to go through and edit his materials more carefully as Chief loads 60+ default ones I think he said ?.

SketchFab is apparently considering raising the Limit for free Users since more small Architecture and Design Firms are a starting to use it...

M.