Interior Wall Snaps

brushpark

I am working on a shower in a master bathroom and used a glass wall for the division between the bath and shower.  I would like to inset the glass approx. 4" from the main walls without the walls snapping together and creating a corner.  The yellow interior wall on the left side will not move beyond the glass.  I have tried the wall option through wall end or start and it still snaps to create a corner.  I would like to line up the exterior wall with the interior and maintain the glass shower wall.  Is there a way to turn off or control the wall snapping distance?

Thanks all!

SHOWER.jpg

58 minutes ago, brushpark said:

Is there a way to turn off or control the wall snapping distance?

NO,  the way I deal with this is to let the walls snap as they will and then I work around the leftover results (like rlackore suggested). I sometimes use soffits, slabs and poly-line solids to do what walls, by default, will not do, just to get my work done. I am not picky as long as it does not take too long and looks good when I am done.

DJP

Hi David, I agree and wish I would have just stuck something in there instead of wasting 1/2 day looking up training videos and searching for answers.  I could also put a partition in and add the base molding.  I just thought there was an easy way to stop the two walls from connecting.

Thanks,

Tom

The best solution is not to use CA's Glass Wall , it has ALWAYS had issues , at least for me , for years I have just used Glass Shower Doors etc I have made from Soffits, if in a hurry or made a symbol if needed. Once you have this once add it to your Library and in the Future a couple of clicks gives you a nice Shower Glass Door.

M.

I often use p-solids disguised as walls for this type of situation. No snapping issues. Of course you forgo the materials and framing but it’s a small sacrifice. 

I wish Chief had a “don’t snap” tolerance we could adjust for walls. Or even a radio button to turn it off all together for select walls. 

Would also be nice to be able to “peel” back individual wall layers, but I guess this is better suited for a post in the suggestions category. 

16 hours ago, Michael_Gia said:

I often use p-solids disguised as walls for this type of situation. No snapping issues. Of course you forgo the materials and framing but it’s a small sacrifice. 

I wish Chief had a “don’t snap” tolerance we could adjust for walls. Or even a radio button to turn it off all together for select walls. 

Would also be nice to be able to “peel” back individual wall layers, but I guess this is better suited for a post in the suggestions category. 

Much agreed with the option of no snap.

Seems like a simple radio button options would be the easiest solution.