• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    HBalldesign
    Newest Member
    HBalldesign

• By Randall30
      I want to put vertical weathered lap siding on a house exterior but I do not see this in the materials listing, there is only horizontal weathered lap siding as shown in attached image. Is there a way to make it vertical??? Ultimately I am trying to go for a look like with the Juvet Landscape Hotel siding (photo attached). Can anybody help me? (I am using Chief Architect Home Designer Suite 2016 and if I can get this to work I will likely upgrade to the Architect version.). If needed I am even willing to purchase a separate materials library if it would accomplish this. Or do I need to create my own material?

• By Chief_Content
      Our Content Development Team has been churning out new PBR friendly materials over the past few releases. These are materials that include a combination of Normal Maps, AO Maps, Roughness Maps, and Metal Maps. We use a software specifically designed to generate custom materials for 3D Rendering called Substance Designer. The program leverages parametric values to control sizing, colors, pattern, and other elements to generate unique tile-able texture maps along with automatically producing the other relevant maps need to create the effects that you expect to see in PBR and Ray Trace views.

Our process includes generating individual materials then importing them into Chief Architect and distributing the catalogs that you download and use. This converts the parametric materials into static images that aren't as flexible as those that are created in the Substance Designer Program.

Much like the Client Viewer and 3D Viewer products that are available for use with Chief Architect, Substance offers a product that allows others to leverage the parametric files to create their own custom materials... without needing to be an expert of the full-fledged program. We would like to invite you to try it out and create your own custom materials from the file we've set up for Tile.

How does it work?

First of all, a healthy understanding of how materials work inside of Chief Architect is a good starting point, and we just happen to have a couple primer videos ready for you here.

Advanced Materials
      Creating Custom Materials and Colors

Once you understand how Chief Architect behaves with different properties and maps, you can dig right in and make your own maps using Substance Player (a free download) and these source files we've set up to generate materials.  Just download the Substance player from the link below and use it to open the builder SBSAR files you wish to work with.  To assist, we have a quick video showing how to use Substance Player to get your custom maps into Chief Architect:

How to use Substance Player in Chief

Substance Player (Download)

Tile_Builder.sbsar
      Wood Builder Beta.sbsar
      Single Color Fabric.sbsar
      Multi_Color_Fabric.sbsar

We'd love to hear what you think. Is this useful? Are there other material types you'd like to try with the Substance Player tool? Voice any requests or questions here, or via e-mail to content@chiefarchitect.com . 

Chief Architect is not affiliated in any way with the Substance Designer or Substance Player software programs. Chief Architect will not be able to offer any support for the Substance software products or files. Using the program and files is completely voluntary. Substance compatible files are provided simply as a gesture, with no guarantees, extended to give access to more material options for those who are interested.
    • By kylejmarsh
      Though I always council my clients to match their interior wall finishes to their soffits, sometimes I find they are resistant to the idea and want to use two different materials for these items.

However, I only have the option to change the default for the two together:

Is there a way to create a new material default, or to separate these? I guess it's not a big deal but I always wondered if there was some deeper insight that I was just not picking up on... perhaps some Chiefer out there can enlighten me?
    • By No1ZZTopfan
      Instead of spending hours searching, I prefer to do this. My apologizes.

I've designed homes in previous versions of CA. All the way back to 4. Well, computer HD crashed a while back and nearly lost everything. After new HD, installation of CA 12 w/bonus materials, its back to normal. However...

When I render anything in any of the 6 houses in version 12 I get this alert window (see pic) telling me it can't find the files on the list. Instead of spending hours replacing each one, I would like to know if there is way to simple delete or restore them back to their default material setting, delete them altogether, anything! I can't seem to do them (delete is dimmed) either for some reason. Thanks in advance.

Using CA 12 with all bonus materials.

• By Renerabbitt
      POST 0

You've found it! A thread offering up some of my favorite symbols and content for Chief Architect X-11.
      These items are for X-11 only. If you haven't updated yet I encourage you to do so, it's a great release.
      The following content is listed by category with both a link to the post within this thread for easy navigation and a link to a direct download if you won't to cut straight to the chase. new/recent uploads are in RED font
      CLICK ON THE "DL" FOR INSTANT .CALIBZ DOWNLOAD:

CONSTRUCTION ASSEMBLIES/ARCHITECTURAL ITEMS:
      RABS 42 CABLE RAILING - DL    RABS MODERN FRONT DOOR AND DOOR ASSEMBLY - DL   RABS INTEGRATED SINK - DL NEW!!! 03/26/2020  
      ENTOURAGE:
      RABS CHARLES-HILL GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL RABS CHELTON GROUPED LIVING ROOM - DL    ACCESSORY HOME #1 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #2 - DL ACCESSORY HOME #3 - DL  
      KITCHEN RELATED:
      3-ISLANDS - DL LA CORNUE 1908 RANGE - DL CAFE APPLIANCES, PAINTABLE(CORRECTED) - DL  
      LIGHTING:
      PENDANTS AND SCONCES - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 RECESSED NC HALO 4 INCH LED WITH HOUSING - DL NEW!! 03-22-20  
      MATERIALS:
      TILE AND COUNTERTOPS #1 - DL 1(ONEDRIVE LINK) - DL-2 CUSTOM WHITES WITH PAINT TOOLBAR ICONS - DL-1 - DL-2 - DL-3 - DL-4 - DL-5 - DL-6 RABS RUGS 1V1 - DL          RABS STARTER KITCHEN MATERIALS PACK - DL         RABS FLOORING PACK 1 - DL            RABS OLD GOLDEN OAK FLOOR - DL     
      SYMBOLS:
      FIREPLACE ASSEMBLY 1 - DL     ACKLES BED AND EDISON TABLE LAMP - DL-1 - DL - 2 TEAPOT MATERIAL EDITOR REPLACEMENT - DL-1 - DL-2 FINMARK TABLE FROM CB2 - DL FIREPLACE MANTLES 1 AND 2 - DL    RABS STRETCHABLE PICTURE FRAMES - DL     

VIDEOS: 
      YouTube Channel  
      Many of these I have personally made or modified. Some of the content may have been created by others for which I will give credit. Many of the materials have free licensing, so no credit is needed. 
      Some of this content may slow down your program as I have a high powered machine and often times use complex and high resolution textures. I will try and give as much detail as possible. Use at your own peril!

No but seriously dig through and enjoy, I've spent a good number of hours ensuring the quality of these symbols and will update them periodically- so CHECK BACK IN! and PLEASE GIVE A LIKE FOR THE POST OF ANY SYMBOL YOU LIKE, IT ENCOURAGES ME TO GO BACK AND REFINE/REDUCE/OPTIMIZE THAT SYMBOL. GIVE A DOWNVOTE AND IT'LL PROBABLY ENCOURAGE ME TO DO THE SAME THING...YOU'LL JUST BE A JERK FOR IT

CHANGELOG:(PACIFIC TZ)
      Page 1:
        Post 0:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: Removed the poll, migrated this thread. re-uploaded from X11 public beta 02-20-2019-2:59PM: Added a Poll for user content requests 03-30-2020-6:49PM: Deleted Video Links and added link to YouTube Channel   Post 5:
      02-12-2019- 4:45PM: centered the hearth on the symbol   Post 18:
      02-12-2019-9:52PM: Posted and fixed DL links  

Here is a symbol to get you started:
      @Cheryl_C_Crane Think you requested this,

RUSTIC BRICK 2.calibz
      Number of Textures: 2
      Map size: 1024x1024
      Filesize: 3.13 MB