• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PeggySue
    Newest Member
    PeggySue

• By SNestor
      Is there a way to show the hips/ridges of a roof either above or below using a reference layerset?  Am I missing something?  The edges of the roof appear (see pics) but the hips/ridges do not.  I've tried this with some of the Chief OOB templates...and I get the same result.  

Thanks...

• By YoderW
      Hey all,

Is there a way to control what Chief names each material as it's importing a model as a collada (.dae) file?

At my company, we use Chief to build the base model and then export as a collada file to import into Lumion to render. Lumion's latest version has the ability to automatically replace materials with "glass" or "water" in the name with those kinds of materials when importing, but for some reason Chief will randomly assign names to materials during the collada export process like "mat127-material," regardless of what they are named in the material settings. Other export processes will keep the material names, but those have their own problems in Lumion. The 3DS format, for example, is the best alternative, but it changes the scale of the model. 

I can't seem to find anywhere in the preferences to mess with export settings, though. It's nothing that totally breaks our workflow, as it only takes a couple seconds to replace the material, but it would be a nice little quality-of-life feature we could take advantage of if we could get Chief to cooperate. 
    • By YoderW
      Hello!

I'm working on a huge plan right now, and it's starting to run really sluggishly so I decided to take some time out to troubleshoot and clean up the file a bit. I've done a few suggested things (purge unused materials and CAD symbols, for example), and moved on to my layers. When I started the file, I imported all individual layers of the CAD file so I could work on the plan bit by bit, but it also resulted in a lot of unnecessary data being added to the scene. I'm trying to go through and delete all the layers I don't need or have finished with, but most of them won't let me. Some will claim there's still something on them despite nothing showing up when I hit Control+A, and others will switch to "Used in defaults," after I deleted everything on them. But I don't know what that means, and I can't figure out where in the defaults they're being used so I can turn it off.

The layers that claim they aren't empty when they should be are bugging me, too. Control+A, zooming out and dragging a box over the scene never select anything for me to delete, but they still say "in use." I may be able to provide a back-up if necessary, though I'm not sure my company will allow it and, again, it's a very large plan. Can anyone help?
    • By excelnow
      I am initiating a walkthrough  and all my Landscaping layers are not showing up. All the Layers are on in the plan view
      that I initiate it from but they are off in the walkthrough. What am I missing & how do I fix this?
    • By OnlineBuilder
      Im exporting my CA models to DAE, then converting them on Autodesk FBX converter on a Windows laptop. For some reason, the odd plan does not convert saying "not enough parameters". Its a pain because I can't start them again. 

I did some Googling and one solution was to convert the CA file to an obj, which you can't (Strange). 

Does anyone know why it is doing this? Is there another converter that works?