Sketchup model to Chief object x9

EmmaCox

I am trying to import sketchup furniture from Teknion. They have a "resources" page where you can download Sketchup models. Once you download the Sketchup model, you can import it into Chief. The first one I tried worked, but now I am getting the attached pop up. Also, is there any way the blocks can be exploded? They seem to be furniture layouts and not single furniture components.

Thanks in advanced.

Screen Shot.JPG

*** Incorrect info see next two posts....

Teknion Furniture is all SketchUp Version 2018 by the looks , at least the models I tried , none would open in Sketchup Make 2017.....

if you click the image of the furniture piece, it opens another window and the download button opens the dropdown for different Years Files. 

2017 version files work with X9 BTW

they do open in the SketchUp Free App  , which is now Web Browser Based  but unlike Sketchup Free of Old I see no way to "Save As" > 2015 Version as you used to be able to do.

I may have missed something  , this is the App Web Interface where you can sign in with Gmail etc.          https://app.sketchup.com

Ask Teknion to make a 2017 Version Full Chief Library perhaps....

19 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Sorry the ones I randomly checked were available back to 2014.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/collection.html?id=ua09415ea-83e3-4e71-9332-186eb1c2c3da

I see that  ... I was looking at the Resources Library on Teknion's Website , that Emma referred too , and the ones I tried were all 2018 I guess, according to Sketchup 2017... maybe I was unlucky?

EDIT :  I now see the issue I think , Emma did what I did and just clicked the download icon , which gives you the latest version automatically , without opening the dropdown, if you click the image of the furniture piece, it opens another window and the download button opens the dropdown for different Years Files. 

2017 version files work with X9 BTW.

Mick. 

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your help.

I have finally figured it out. Instead of downloading from the Teknion website (wouldn't let me pick a year of Sketch up to Download), i went and found it on the 3D Warehouse.

Does anyone know how to explode an imported Sketch up file that i brought into Chief Architect?

thanks,

Angela

• 3 weeks later...