Copying Door/Window Schedule Defaults

wjmdes

OK,  I have set up door and window schedules the way I want them in a plan. I have several other plans started that I would like the same defaults.

Is there a way to copy these defaults to another plan file with out recreating again??

One other quick tip.  You can also block your reconfigured schedules and add them to your library for future use.  Blocked schedules have some quirks though in that they disappear when blocked--not at first, but once added to the library or upon opening a plan that includes a blocked schedule.  Anyway, because of this fact, it may be useful to add another object (polyline, line, etc.) to that block to make it easier to find the block and explode it after you drop it into your plan.

5 hours ago, kMoquin said:

Copy and paste your edited schedule in to the new plan.

you could also C&P them into your Template Plan for future Use.....

I do what Perry does actually (above) ....  may have learned that one from Him  :)

M.

4 hours ago, Dermot said:

Copying your schedule is a pretty easy solution but you could also use the Import Default Settings tool.

The problem with this is that it will not retain column widths.  Copy and Paste to the Template (in CAD Detail Windows) provides a much more complete solution and doesn't require any blocking or unblocking.

• Upvote 1