How do I change the scale of my layout in x9

ChiefUserRudolf

Good day.

Can someone please help me to adjust the scale of my layout. I use the metric profile and want to see my objects in meters, but the size is very large, it shows 12,34m units in the dialog number settings under Number Styles. In version x7 it shows 0,450m units in the same settings. If I build a short wall for example the length is like 1200m.

Thank you.

When you say "scale of the layout" are you speaking of "Paper Size" to print to or the scale of views sent to layout? There is a "Scale" tool for individual views sent to layout (click on the view, doing so displays the "Scale" tool in the "Edit Toolbar". If you want to change the paper size of the layout file, you do that by way of the "Drawing Sheet Set Up" Dialog found under "File - Print - Drawing Sheet Set Up", look these tools up and use them for resizing/rescaling.

DJP

Hi David. 

Thanks for the reply. I am referring to the scale when I build objects, e.g. 1cm on the grid = 10m in actual length. With the older version the scale was small, but with the new version x9 it is very large. A small wall of 1cm on the grid shows as 400m actual length. When I compare version x7 with x9 I can see that there is a diffrence in lenght under "Edit" > "Preferences" -> "Number Style". In version x7 it shows 0,1234 m and in version x9 it shows 12,34 m. It is as if the conversion from Imperial to Metric is not working correctly or there is a setting somewhere.

I hope I make sense. 
Rudolf 

On 12/14/2017 at 2:21 AM, ChiefUserRudolf said:

Hi David. 

Thanks for the reply. I am referring to the scale when I build objects, e.g. 1cm on the grid = 10m in actual length. With the older version the scale was small, but with the new version x9 it is very large. A small wall of 1cm on the grid shows as 400m actual length. When I compare version x7 with x9 I can see that there is a diffrence in lenght under "Edit" > "Preferences" -> "Number Style". In version x7 it shows 0,1234 m and in version x9 it shows 12,34 m. It is as if the conversion from Imperial to Metric is not working correctly or there is a setting somewhere.

I hope I make sense. 
Rudolf 

I think you'd be better off posting the plan file for this so one of us could take a look or maybe send it in to tech support. 

I am not sure where you are seeing this information unless you mean in the Wall's DBX when you open it ?  as there is no "Edit" > "Preferences" -> "Number Style"  I can see ( or remember)

Or do you mean in a Layout ....not a Plan?

Mick.

Capture12.JPG

Rudolf, do yourself a huge favor and just post the plan.  More likely than not you'll have a good answer within minutes.  If not an actual solution you may at least get to figuring out what's going on.  I see time and time again where people waste HOURS and even DAYS in utter frustration only to finally post the plan and have the answer in a couple minutes.  

It may be something majorly messed up with your wall definition that is just making you zoom way out when you draw it causing you to draw it longer than it should be.  But that is really just another guess and posting the plan is the way to find out for sure.  If you have confidential stuff in the plan post a test version that is doing the same thing.  We are all just volunteers that are willing to help.

3 minutes ago, ChiefUserRudolf said:

Hi Alskan_Son.

I don't have a plan yet, as I am trying to figure the settings and scale out with version x9. I have create a simple room quickly, save it, and upload that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Rudolf.

Untitled.zip

Make sure to close the plan file before zipping or trying to post directly.

3 minutes ago, ChiefUserRudolf said:

Amazing!

I reinstalled the product and the units displays correctly!!!

Thank you everyone for your assistance. Much appreciated 

Rudolf.

Sweet.  Glad you got it figgered : )

Please remember this experience in the future.  Almost always best to post a plan along with your query when you're having a problem you can't seem to sort out.

Sorry , I was away from the Computer this afternoon , so didn't see this till now , but it looks like Chopsaw and Michael helped you sort it out.

It appears to me from your Pics that you may have set the Grid Units in the Plan Defaults to 100m instead of 1000mm  ( 10 boxes = 1002m) and so each Grid space was 100metres long not the usual 1000mm or 1metre.  .....you can make the Grid anything you want , eg use 500mm instead of 1000  or don't use the Grid at all if you don't want too , turning on the Display of Wall Lengths while Editing, is a great help I find especially if not using the Grid to get things close. 

The Wall Dialog DBX Numbers Button only shows you different ways you can display Data in that particular Dialog Box , it has no bearing on anything else.

Capture33.JPG

Capture34.JPG