Mitering Brick Ledge

dakwest

I am using a tapered 2x6 at the top of a pony wall. The bottom of the wall is brick. I want the 2x6 tilted downward about 15 degrees for runoff on top of the brick. I created the ledge with a polyline solid. When the ledge meets at the exterior corner, the two 2x6s protrude outside each other. How can they be mitered. 

Also, could this 2x6 be created as an exterior molding instead?

Also, can there be more that one exterior molding on a wall...does CA allow for this?

Regarding Javatom's reply: I am going to try this. The only question I would have is regarding the added second molding. If the upper molding runs continuously around the outside perimeter, is it possible to trim the lower molding at doors and windows?

You may already know this but "trimming" a molding to stop at a window is achieved by placing break points on both sides, clicking on the line at the window and telling the DBX "no molding on selected edge".  The software will do this for you if you click on the perimeter and tab until you get a highlight around the the whole building.  You then convert that to a molding polyline.

9 hours ago, rashluck said:

Can Chief Architect be use for building villas?

If you mean a a large and luxurious country residence, Chief can absolutely do it.

It may come down to the power of your computer as to weather or not it can do (handle) big 

highly decorated designs.

ok well honestly speaking I started using CA X9 about 5 months ago and i have seen other software like Archicad and Sketch up etc etc... some of their buildings are difficult to do when trying to use CA to work on that..i just wish someone should teach me more about chief architect cos i think i still need more to learn..

• Upvote 1