Where are my windows?

TJDesign

I am running CA Interiors X9 and have been working in a split view - plan view on one side and full perspective in the other.  I copied some windows and placed them in the perspective view, but they do not show on my plan view.  Any thoughts?

Thank you

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Are the copied ones still on the Window Layer ?  should be but......

Or perhaps the other window has just not refreshed itself yet ?

I'm fairly new to the drawing package so I could be missing something but.... my window layer is on and I've refreshed as well as shut down and reopened with no luck.

Is it possible for a window to be on a different layer?  I wouldn't think so but like I said, I'm just learning now.

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I suspect that you had a different floor active in your perspective view and they pasted onto that floor. Try to cut the windows, switch floors in your perspective view and then paste hold position. 

Hummm - they are not showing on either floor.  I had both views tiled in my window so I was looking at both.  I may need to just delete them and re-do it.

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I suspect that you had a different floor active in your perspective view and they pasted onto that floor. Try to cut the windows, switch floors in your perspective view and then paste hold position. 

Good thought Mike......

post the plan perhaps ..... stops the guessing...

4 minutes ago, TJDesign said:

Thank you - didn't realize I had an attic level.  Is there a way to move them down a level?

select them both in the attic , hit copy , go down a level and right click ( empty area of plan)  >paste>hold position

then go back up and delete off the attic level

1 minute ago, Kbird1 said:

select them both in the attic , hit copy , go down a level and right click ( empty area of plan)  >paste>hold position

then go back up and delete off the attic level

Thank you - figured that out!

if you are trying to place windows without framing close to each other , go into the Window Defaults ( in defaults not the window itself) and on the general Tab adjust the window Minimum separation to say 1/16th so you can bump them together without CA trying to put framing between them.

11 minutes ago, TJDesign said:

Is there a way to move them down a level?

Yes.  Like I mentioned in my first post...

31 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

cut the windows, switch floors in your perspective view and then paste hold position. 

Cut (control+x), switch to the appropriate floor using the up/down arrow (depending on whether you are in plan view or perspective view), and Paste/Hold Position (control+alt+v).

You can also copy and then paste/hold position as Mick said...its just an extra step to delete the windows that way.