First ICF Block on Footer

tswitos

Community,

I have two questions.

1. I used ICF blocks on a footer to build my foundation wall, and the bottom of the first ICF block should mate with the top of the footer.  However, when you look at the attached image, the first ICF block is very narrow, and I placed red marks through the top of the first ICF blocks.  How can this be corrected?

2. How can I make the floor joist part of the foundation wall?  Notice how the floor joists are above the ICF foundation wall.  Thanks in advance.

chief-icf-4.JPG

The one obvious setting is "Hang 1st Floor Platform Inside Foundation Walls".  This drops the joist down inside the foundation wall, but not all the way.  The top slightly protrudes above the foundation wall, as shown in the attached image.

chief-icf-6.JPG

You're right.  I deleted the sill plates, because they have to be removed.  The foundation wall is an ICF wall, and the first ICF wall will be erected on top of the ICF foundation wall.  The footer is the first pour.  The foundation wall is the second pour.  And the first wall is the third pour (speaking of concrete).  So I guess I have to go back to the settings and remove sill plates?

yes , just uncheck the box in your default foundation settings , I'd set the measurements all to 0" (or as small as it allows 1st though) , just in case...

obviously CA can't tell if it is an ICF Foundation only or not so you are going to have to do some setting of defaults....

Leave CA open and only let the computer sleep for a few days so you can keep working on stuff , if you get to the point you decide to buy or rent , don't close CA and just activate it , so you don't lose everything you have done to that point.

• Upvote 1

Put the Parging on so you don't have to show it  :)     just joking....

that as Eric mentioned above is where you need to adjust the Material properties and it's vertical and horizontal alignments.

open the material check the defaults in this case 16x48 , close the dbx

14.thumb.JPG.5a6988d4f7eafb0e4b5409ea1227324d.JPG

Open the Plan Materials again , select the Insulation Block and click Click Copy and rename it to xxxx-18 ( so you don't lose the Original material) and change the sizes as needed ...ie to 18 x 36 in my case below ( change the size on the Texture Tab too to 72" x72" ( so still 4 blocks high x 2 wide)

On the Texture and Pattern Tabs are also where you can move the "lines" up or down , left and right by using positive and negative measurements in the x and y axis boxes. ( or vertical/horizontal alignment boxes)

15.thumb.JPG.3a4977e4b7bbfe6cc1dfffa4df3e77ac.JPG     move the lines like this 17.thumb.JPG.161863b62e862d5a328a6407517dcd74.JPG

then you should see the difference like this

16.thumb.JPG.5a485f8e9c312d3337b76a689a0c1b85.JPG

• Upvote 1

The only problem trying to show the ICF pattern is that if you try and get too technical with corner blocks and tees etc. Might be easier to show with cad lines. Set your foundation default for 36 for stemwall height. The only math you will have to do is for first floor heights. You will most likely want a sill on top of wall for trusses or rafters. That will need to be manually drawn or a pony wall with framing only set to sill thickness. Pony wall will autobuild roof where you want it, manually drawing sill will require raising the roof if you autobuild.

those are BIG ICF Blocks ....8 feet long?  double check the material measurements ( 18x96? )  you input again if not....

5 minutes ago, tswitos said:

That's it. Thanks for the input.  I am just learning Chief, as you can tell.  But I'm just staring with some basics.

chief-icf-8.JPG

Thanks for the info ...I was just looking at their website to confirm as I thought 48" was pretty standard.....

I just noticed CA's texture size is wrong on their Material , it should be 96 x 64 , ( 4x16" )  not 96 x 96 to show properly in a Standard view

Patterns are for vector views

Textures are for 3D standard views