Britt_P

Hello.  I am using Home Designer 2018 (64 bit) and am trying to modify my roof.  My "L" shaped cottage has a gabled roof on the right wall with a low pitch of just over 3".  The front wall on the left side is gabled with a pitch of about 12" (not exactly).  The peaks of the two gables meet at the same elevation so neither pitch is exactly standard.  The porch has a very low slope on it that is almost flat sloping from it's intersection with the right side roof to the front.  I don't think I am going to be able to correctly model this roof with my program and was wondering if I upgrade to Home Designer Architectural will I be able to do what I want?  The attached file shows where I am presently.  Thanks

22 E Earle St basic+3 roof.plan

Eric is right you will get better help on Hometalk , since Members there have the same Programs and feature sets. Pro could do this fairly easily as it has Manual Roofs ,but I think you have suite , Since you mention Upgrading to AHD.... JoAnn on HomeTalk has had AHD for many years and has found many "workarounds" for these Situations, I'd be surprised if She could not do it in AHD , maybe even Suite , so Post over there, you can use the same Username and password to login...

M.

8 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

.... JoAnn on HomeTalk has had AHD for many years and has found many "workarounds" for these Situations, I'd be surprised if She could not do it in AHD , maybe even Suite , so Post over there, you can use the same Username and password to login...

M.

That woman can get better results with 10 year old software

than 95% of the users can with the latest & greatest versions.

Chapeau! JoAnn.