Odd Wall Display - Circles

MosbyBA

Hello Everyone, I will try to keep this as simple as possible.

Here is what I see:

weirdwallcircles_zpsce4b4d64.jpg

Notice the connect walls icon is floating next to the cursor, and the circles are on the ends of that wall type, this wall is in our legend. The circles do not display when sent to layout, but they are only there in the plans. The join walls icon follows the cursor around and is very annoying. This is in a newly upgraded version of X6 premier. The wall was built properly, I checked that a few times. Any idea on what might be causing this display?

Chief is being "helpful" by circling walls where it believes they are close enough to be connected. 

It's actually a good feature in most cases because if you have disconnected walls they can cause some very hard to track down problems.

I suspect if you put a little more space between the two middle walls it might clean-up.

• Upvote 2

HA! Well that was it! I have never seen that before, I scooted the walls down a little away it all went.

Thanks for the help, Im coming up on using this software professionally for a year now, so Im still trying to come to grips with some of its quirks, after using Autodesk products for almost 12 years.

Is there a way to turn off this feature for a specific wall connection? I have a case where I am putting a very custom railing next to the intersection of an invisible wall and framed wall. It is where I want it to be but Chief helpfully keeps pointing out that it is not connected. As said above the curser symbol is annoying. Maybe a better way would be to designate a wall as not connected regardless of position.