background image cropping error

djhplanning

Anyone know why when I send this elevation to layout, layout is cropping the background image only, to the edge of the model and not the layout box?  I have a background scene set up to display behind my elevation (i'm using watercolor style).  When I send it to layout, layout crops the background portion only.  Even though my layout box is bigger, which should display more of the background, it appears to crop the background only to the extent of the house model, (notice the ridge on top, the overhang on right side, to the deck on the left side).  I'm sending to layout using current screen and live view.  I have the background set in my 3D view defaults.  I have also tried sending it to layout using entire plan/view and get the same thing.  

view in chief.JPG

result in layout.JPG

layout box extent in layout.JPG

background settings.JPG

• Upvote 1

I would say that is a bug. And it might be a good idea to send it in but if you need to get the drawings done you can place a physical object above and below and off to each side that will be cropped in layout. Or top left and bottom right may work just as well.  

Only send to layout>Current screen as Image      seems capable of doing what you want in a quick test here....

I tried using an imported image instead too (assuming you have photo of Lot here) , then sending the Watercolor view with Image and current screen is the only one that works for me...other wise the layout box border around the house cuts a hole ( you see the layout background) in the image

M.

I did also try this earlier as well.  It does display correctly but I am wanting to have it at 1/4" scale.  Sending as an image does not work unless you do some resizing afterword.  Also, I don't think it would update itself if changes were made to the elevation in Chief.

• 8 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 7:36 PM, Chopsaw said:

I would say that is a bug. And it might be a good idea to send it in but if you need to get the drawings done you can place a physical object above and below and off to each side that will be cropped in layout. Or top left and bottom right may work just as well.  

I have only recently discovered that I have the same "bug".  But your workaround is definitely the fix.  Thank you!!!

It may be a setting I messed up, but I sure can't figure out what it might be. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DG1949 said:

I have only recently discovered that I have the same "bug".  But your workaround is definitely the fix.  Thank you!!!

It may be a setting I messed up, but I sure can't figure out what it might be. 

Yes it still seems to be and issue in X10.  Not likely a setting.  Another way to get around the problem would be to increase the size of your terrain and then place a 60' telephone pole in the corner that is also buried 60' below ground. Also make sure you set the scale when sending to layout and not after.  However these things should be sent in as it seems to be the only hope of improvement.  ;)