Getting Ruby variables names

CARMELHILL

How do you get general Ruby variables? I know you can use a leader line and insert %ObjectProperties% to get the available variables for an object, but what about general variables like floor levels?

I want to create a simple text macro that will automatically place the floor joists size I am using on a particular floor level in my floor structure, into my text call out "2" x 8" floor joists @ 16" o.c." and other locations. When I get better at this Ruby stuff I want to pull that joist size directly from the floor structure definition (oh to dream - is it even possible?).

I wanted to create a quick list of specs that are currently used in my project on the top left of my default layout page for quick reference, like Jared Baehmer did in his video series:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1963/creating-a-successful-workflow-for-design-construction-document-production-by-jared-baehmer.html

FLOOR ASSEMBLY.JPG

USER VALUES.JPG

JOIST SPAN.JPG

Edward, 

Here's a macro that will display all Ruby $Global Variables and their values.  Of course, for some of those you would need to have macros to set them first.  Let me know if you need help with that.  Jared has most of my macros, including those that specify framing member sizes and spacing.  They are not difficult to create and/or modify.

_Global Variable Values.json