Raised roof but walls do not raise?

dskogg

I have raised roof but walls do not raise after?  I have auto attic wall rebuild turned on. The structure tab in the wall shows they are at 

standard height.  

I thought ca used to raise walls automatically, should i just be manually just pulling up walls?

roof issue.JPG

Hi Eric, so the only way to raise roof is to do this before you build it? Because this option is not available after roof has been built?

What if i had a very complex roof that was manually drawn, i have to redo roofs to raise them?

I dont want to edit all roof planes, just my upper roof.

I am not quite sure I understand how this roof is supposed to work but i remember ca used to rebuild

walls when roof planes were raised?

I just wanted to move upper roof up so lower roof would slide under without having to manually pull up walls, easy enough to pull up walls but then

i find too many times all this manual manipulation causes all kind of issues.

roof example 2.JPG

25 minutes ago, dskogg said:

I dont want to edit all roof planes, just my upper roof.

I am not quite sure I understand how this roof is supposed to work but i remember ca used to rebuild

walls when roof planes were raised?

I just wanted to move upper roof up so lower roof would slide under without having to manually pull up walls, easy enough to pull up walls but then

i find too many times all this manual manipulation causes all kind of issues.

roof example 2.JPG

would of been good info in the 1st post  :)

either raise the Room Ceiling height...... if you want that room with a taller Stud height?

or

Select the Walls and Choose Balloon through the Ceiling in the Wall Structure DBX , this should pull the Siding up to the Soffit ...works here in sample plan... if you raised the Roof manually

M.

thanks Mick, i want the room height to stay the same just raise roof, in a sample plan it was raising walls and building them as attic walls, but my plan would not do this?

i have auto build attic walls checked still didnt work.

The Balloon through Option works  ..... not sure how you plan to Frame it?

It seems CA does not consider these Attic Walls  ( nothing on Attic Level)  hence no auto rebuild

another Option is to add a BLANK 3rd floor and draw those 4 walls yourself ( using reference layer) , when you build the 3rd floor, in the DBX you get make the room height 10" high and the Floor structure 0" by deleting both joist and ply , then one wall will build on top of the other. 

Capture83.JPG

Capture84.JPG

Here is what i think is correct, i raised the roof a bunch and ca raised the walls and because i had roof trusses it made them high heels

It just wasnt working with my current plan, i must have screwed something up?  CA is looking at it.

raise roof example.JPG

It (likely) depends on the Order you do things , if you have a normally framed roof CA will build a knee wall on top of the existing one, if you raise the roof to support the Rafters.  

If you have the Trusses already drawn in , then raise it , it should enlarge the Truss on a "Force Truss Rebuild" effectively making it an Energy Heel Truss.

M.