Full Orthographic View

mattradk

In an unedited Vector View camera, this is perfectly natural as a result. A standard render camera solves this optical effect or if you must have a vector view sent to layout, you can use the "Edit Layout Tool" to eliminate such lines or replace lines that might be missing in Vector Views sent to layout for printing.

DJP

I don't see that much these days, but back in X5-X6 it was more of an issue , and if it wasn't an alignment issue , usually it was bad Wall Polylines produced by the 3D Editor.

Did you Build the Framing ? did it disappear? I seem to remember an issue with Framing at the Joist line back then causing anomalies...

I built the framing at one point to see if a framing issue was the cause, but then eliminated framing from the view. The lines appeared where the platform for the second floor was, though.  I printed the image to pdf and the lines disappeared as Drawzilla suggested they might. I'm trying to produce some images for a client to let him decide how he'd like the project to look. As long as printed pdfs eliminate extra lines, things should be OK.

Did you delete the framing or just turn off viewing framing in that particular view? ( with display options)

I don't see any framing in that view except the Porch roof posts/beam perhaps , so I am not sure why you would turn it off or delete the framing

if you post the plan someone will try it for you , most have the latest version , but several members have many installed eg @DJP  (David Potter) as he supports and helps people with all versions as part of his Business.

M.

I deleted the framing with Edit>Delete Objects.

There is also a line where the roof gable meets the top of the 2nd story wall.  I didn't build any roof framing, so I'm not sure why the line is there. 

I moved each wall a couple of inches out of alignment and then realigned them as suggested by Chief16designer to be sure they were snapped into alignment. The lines are still there. I suspect it's the program's rendering at this point.

I haven't used CA for 2 or 3 years, but I got asked to help out with a project. There are lots of things I've forgotten. I'm sure I'll have more questions.

I guess I wasn't clear .....I think it is possibly because you have NOT built all the framing yet.... in the view above you shouldn't see framing anyway , so there should be no reason to have to delete it, except as a test or to rebuild it if Auto build Framing is Off.

Post the plan and I can tell  you if it happens in X9....if you want....

M.

I was wondering why Ortho View too , I prefer Perspective myself but it is happening in that view too , but the Lines show only if you are zoomed out too far , which for what you mentioned above is an Issue. might be a good one to send to Tech Support , cos it isn't the Framing Issue I thought it was.

There are alot of lines in that Siding on a building that large , and I think CA just can't handle the number of lines all generating on top of each other as you zoom out, i tried several  different materials and it didn't matter.

M.

14 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I don't see any framing in that view except the Porch roof posts/beam perhaps , so I am not sure why you would turn it off or delete the framing

There are some reasons to turn off framing b/c Chief will not downsize a 2x12 hip in a 2x6 rafter system correctly and it will show through the ceiling.,

My wall layers and makeup are identical, so I don't think there's a reason that thickness, etc. would cause a line.

I turned the framing on because I was trying to clear some cobwebs from my 2-3 year disuse of the program, and then deleted the framing because I thought maybe it was bleeding through the siding and causing the lines.

Someone else is doing the structural plans. I've only been asked to produce an outside view of what it will look like based on the plans and elevations. I've already been told that the building will change from what I have now.

The structural forms in the view hanging out in space are just my trial and error to see how forms can be manipulated. The client wants a mountain-y look with peeled logs framing the entrance, but I'm waiting for the full plans and the elevations to see exactly what they have in mind. This includes what kind of siding, window type and placement, doors, roof, colors, etc. they want.

Its not anything that you are doing Matt as far as I can tell , I drew a quick building the same size in X9 with the standard siding-6 walls like you and it is doing the same thing, and if your turn Framing display on it looks even worse with the stud line as well as the siding lines showing, not sure why cos the Framing should not be seen through the siding in this exterior view . CA shouldn't even be trying to draw it....

M.

Capture80.JPG

Thanks for trying it with X9. I'm pretty sure the dimensions will change, and the client is now talking about a covered wrap-around porch so the changes may resolve the issue.

This is to be a small hotel and, of course, there'll be windows, doors, a large fireplace, etc. Also, the lines don't show up if it's printed as a pdf, so that may help, too. The original photo I posted containing the extraneous lines was from printing the screen as a jpg.

This is why I'm refreshing my skills now for when the client panics and wants something in 48 hours for a deadline for a grant application or loan from the local IDC that I wasn't told about.

54 minutes ago, solver said:

I'll suggest you use perspective overviews instead of orthographic. Much better look. Orthographic looks to me like something that would have been done 25 years ago.

45 minutes ago, mattradk said:

I take a look...... and I don't think the lines appear as much in the perspective overviews.

I agree Ortho , always looks very dated to me.... , with a nice photo from the Lot you should be able to use Standard View with the Photo as a background i'd think.

Good luck with it....

M.

7 minutes ago, glennw said:

Are you sure your main wall layer is set to the framing layer and not the external cladding layer?

I looked at that , even tried a brand new blank plan and got the same thing....

this is Matt's main walls ...siding 6

Capture89.thumb.JPG.c31c95ce3c39bdf0d35750aa66829504.JPG