below grade foundation wall at walkout

djhplanning

How are others doing the below grade foundation wall at a basement walkout?  In my area the frost depth is 60".  A lot of times to keep the plans clean and readable, I do a  foundation plan and a separate lower level plan.  On the lower level floor plan, I show the walkout wall as a normal framed wall with other areas into the hill shown with an ICF wall.  On the foundation plan, I have set up to show the ICF walls with no interior or exterior framed walls.  I still need to show the portion of 60" deep ICF foundation and footing that is below grade at the walkout wall.  What are my options to show this below grade foundation wall at the walkout area?  Maybe just draw with cad lines?  I tried using the pony wall option as shown in Chief knowledge base which looks good in 3D, but doesn't show the foundation wall the way I want in plan view (shows a framed wall).  I have setup a layer called "below grade foundation walls" to put this wall on.

3d.JPG

foundation plan.JPG

lower level floor plan.JPG

You nee to turn your walkout wall into poly walls (upper wall siding and lower foundation) in elevation view to make it easy.. click on the wall and pull down your footing to meet code requirement you need ... on the sides for step footing break the wall and do the same

3 hours ago, jonboy112352 said:

You nee to turn your walkout wall into poly walls (upper wall siding and lower foundation) in elevation view to make it easy.. click on the wall and pull down your footing to meet code requirement you need ... on the sides for step footing break the wall and do the same

Thanks Jonboy, I've already made the wall into a pony wall with framed wall above and 12" icf wall below grade.  What I am wanting to know is how to properly show this below grade foundation wall on the foundation plan.

28 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Thanks Mick, The 1st link does not address how to do this.  The 2nd link (making the walkout wall in to a pony wall) is what I tried, which is looking good in 3D but will not give me the below grade foundation wall in my foundation plan view. (see attached images on original post)

I misunderstood what you needed I think...

if you are now using Pony walls ?  I think you like need to make sure on the Ponywall tab to "Show Lower Wall"  not default or Upper wall so you see the ICF

not sure if you can do that with the ALDO by turning different Layers On and Off  in different Views or Not?

M.