Ray Tracing White Interiors

TKInteriors

Hi!

I would be grateful for help in achieving a ray trace of a white interior.

I could explain for days the adjustments to materials and lighting I've attempted with no success. 

I am open to any help someone can provide.

The first image is the rendering.

The second is with a light (15w) inside the shower.

The third is without the light (15w) inside the shower.

These traces are five minutes or less but letting it run longer doesn't change the result.

Kind regards, Tamela

Untitled 1.jpg

Untitled 2.jpg

Untitled 3.jpg

Check out this thread by Graham Korbey ( KitchenAbode )   , it is definitely worth a read and there are settings to start with ( post 20) which will likely help , but Bathrooms , especially white are tough with all the reflective surfaces.... with Luck Graham will see your Post and Chip in here too with advice  if he has time...

M.

Tamala - Here is the plan with adjustments.  The RT was done in Chief with a one step auto correct in Microsoft Picture Manager.

Check settings for image properties, lights, materials etc.  I moved the shower glass out of the scene as it was giving me trouble

same as you experienced.  Tried different glass and settings but was still not happy with results. Not sure what is going on with that.

You definitely need some lights to create any kind of effect in this bath.  I just used recessed lights but you may want to use sconces

etc. but set very low.  Also with sconces I usually offset the light source off the wall about 12" otherwise the light is too bright on the wall.

RT 1.jpg

Tamela_bath.plan

Thank you, Dennis -- much better.

I tried the different glass options as well to no avail -- validating to know you had the same issues -- I felt so alone in my pain LOLLLL

Thanks for the tip on sconce lighting. I drop those down to 15w but I think pushing them away from the wall is a good idea.

I'll take a look at MS Picture Manager. I have wondered on more than one occasion is folks are running RT images through PhotoShop.

Again, much appreciation!

Kind regards, Tamela