URGENT | SHOP DRAWING QUESTIONS

interiorarch

Hello. 

I am currently working on shop drawings for a project that we are getting ready to move into the development stage. 

Provided are screenshots in order to use as reference to my questions!  

If you look at the first screenshot, I am trying to figure out why these "bounding boxes" have started appearing around wall elevations & cross sections; how can i remove this feature or turn it off.  In the second screenshot provided, the kitchen island's dimensions get lost and are hard to read as a result to other cabinetry units in the background.  Is there a way where I can isolate the kitchen island so there is nothing in the background, etc. please keep in mind we would like to keep the cabinet styles in tact. 

I look forward to hearing from one of you & I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family!

Best!

CHIEF_TALK_THANKSGIVING_QUESTIONS.png

CHIEF_TALK_THANKSGIVING_QUESTIONS_2.png

1 hour ago, interiorarch said:

Thank you for the quick response @DRAWZILLA

Where is that option in Chief Architect?  Also, would you maybe know a solution to my second question above.

Click on any layout box border and in the ALDO ( Active Layer Display Options)  uncheck their display just like any other Layer you don't want to see in a particular view.

sounds like you need/want to use the Backclipped elevation for the Island ,  you can also limit the width of the view and get it close ... in the view , instead of doing it with the Layout Bounding Box in the layout , by opening the Backclipped View DBX and Checking "Clip to Sides"  so you get the two Handles appear in the p[plan view , so you can set the width of the View. this does not work for Height wise though

Capture52.JPG

Capture53.JPG

2 hours ago, interiorarch said:

Is there a way where I can isolate the kitchen island so there is nothing in the background

You can do as Mick suggested but if you would like to maintain clarity and still show the cabinets in the background you could also do something like this...

Island.thumb.jpg.7e3ad461b9d81d10e53c5e33eb6ee989.jpg

There are a couple ways to do this but what I did in the example is place the island and dimensions onto unique layers and then change all other layers to a gray color and very light line weight. 

• Upvote 1

Hello @Alaskan_Son

Hopefully you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

This option definitely helps, however, I am still slightly confused by Mick's instructions to completely loose the background cabinetry without deleting anything. 

Could you possibly explain (when you have time) a little more in depth to how I could achieve this.  

I appreciate it.

Best!

1 hour ago, interiorarch said:

Hello @Alaskan_Son

Hopefully you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

This option definitely helps, however, I am still slightly confused by Mick's instructions to completely loose the background cabinetry without deleting anything. 

Could you possibly explain (when you have time) a little more in depth to how I could achieve this.  

I appreciate it.

Best!

Are you trying to achieve Mick's suggestion or my alternative?   And exactly what are you having trouble understanding? 

On 11/22/2017 at 5:18 PM, Kbird1 said:

sounds like you need/want to use the Backclipped elevation for the Island ,  you can also limit the width of the view and get it close ... in the view , instead of doing it with the Layout Bounding Box in the layout , by opening the Backclipped View DBX and Checking "Clip to Sides"  so you get the two Handles appear in the p[plan view , so you can set the width of the View. this does not work for Height wise though

Capture53.JPG

Do a Back-clipped Elevation view of the Island , then you need to open the elevation camera's properties DBX (dialog box) and put a check in the Clip to Sides box , then you will get two extra handles in Plan View ( shown above ) , you can then drag these two handles out/in to the required width and restrict what is in the view.

there is a training video actually....

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1944/tradition-ellen-kitchen-sub-project-creating-kitchen-island-elevations.html

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1944/

Hi @Alaskan_Son

Sorry for the delayed response.  I slowly went back over both Mick's instructions and figured it out.  

Your alternative to making the island stick out & have the background opacity slightly muted will definitely help in other areas of this project. 

I do have another question for you or someone else in this thread.  When I first started building this shop drawing document I jumped around to different cabinetry units in no specific order.  However, if you look at the screenshot provided I am trying to place "Elevation/Section" headers in a numerical order so our cabinetry makers can follow along easier.  

Is there a way to manually go in and override these headers and change the name/number.  (i.e. In our Kitchen we would like "Elevation 4" to start as "Elevation 1."  I really hope I don't have to re-do the work I have already done just to have headers categorized in a more orderly fashion. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

IA_CHANGING_ELEVATION_HEADERS_SHOP_DRAWING_QUESTION.png