Balcony with half wall, half glass

bgolfy

Hi,

I'm a new user of CA X9 and I'm building a balcony with a glass balluster. Its default property is about 900mm.

I'd like to use a balluster with 450mm of wall at bottom and 450mm of glass (top).

Any idea of how can I do this? 

Thanks,

Yes ... I guess but i didn't find it.. or didn't understand well. I'm a new french user (DIYer) so some technical architecture words in English are a bit not evident for me :).

I will try what you said and other tips I have read, when I get back home.

Thanks a lot for answering.

1 hour ago, bgolfy said:

Yes ... I guess but i didn't find it.. or didn't understand well. I'm a new french user (DIYer) so some technical architecture words in English are a bit not evident for me :).

I will try what you said and other tips I have read, when I get back home.

Thanks a lot for answering.

No problem, happens a lot with new users regardless of language.

Attached quick plan- look in the railing dbx and explore settings also need to to adjust the walls below to balloon through ceiling.

screen 003.png

Balconey.plan

43 minutes ago, bgolfy said:

Sorry, I tried everything, it doesn't work ... what version are you using ?? if I checked "Bottom rail" I just got a very thin rail and I can change it s height ...

Thanks,

Check ALL the DBX pages and settings. Bottom rail is a drop down in the rails tab. I'm using X9- did you download the plan I posted?

screen 007.png

9 hours ago, glennw said:

I am not at my computer at the moment but from memory, I think you can use a solid rail and use top rail as the glass by changing the top rail settings like height, width, material, etc

Nice one Glenn, works easily. Just changed the material for the inside of the railing wall to match the exterior. Thought I would have seen that on one of the shower wall discussions but don't recall such, would work nicely there.

screen 008.png