Glass Block Windows

Joe_Carrick

My Glass Block Windows all show as a thin sheet of glass in 3D.  How do I get them to be 6" thick?

Dog   gone it Joe,  good question.  I think you are asking how do we define the glass thickness,  whether glass or glass block.

I don't know,  of course we can add a psolid,  but that is more work..    great question.....  Glenn?

Hmmm.....

Seems like I answered that one myself a couple of years back - senior moment !!!!

OTOH, someone suggested a thick door

Problem with that is you will get a door opening indicator in elevation.  Another  problem  (maybe),  would be it would show up in door schedule.  Probably better workarounds than calling a door.

Yep

Problem with that is you will get a door opening indicator in elevation.  Another  problem  (maybe),  would be it would show up in door schedule.  Probably better workarounds than calling a door.

Yep....

I am thinking a "Window Symbol" and using "Fixed".  One problem that I have with that however is that if you set all the Sash values to "0" then the glass disappears in 3D.

• Upvote 1

Yep

Yep....

I am thinking a "Window Symbol" and using "Fixed".  One problem that I have with that however is that if you set all the Sash values to "0" then the glass disappears in 3D.

If it really important,  I  suppose the best solution is a psolid in the window frame,  don't like it,  but not a better alternative I can think of.