Help with finding radius end points on plot plan

JECORMIER

Hey All-

First, let me wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day on Thursday!

I am beginning this project with a subdivision plat that does not give me the radius along the path of the road where my project happens to be. I've laid out all the straight lines I could but I don't know if I have all the information I need on this plat to complete the bend in the road properly. I could be totally missing something here but I don't think I am. Any suggestions would be great.

I have included a copy of my plan and a tiff with the lot in question circled.

Thank you-

J.C.

LITTON 11-21.plan

plat in question.jpg

I will sometimes put that plat map on my plan and trace the street as close as you can. them work out the lots one at a time using their info.. Not perfect but you can only make your plan with the info you gat or tell the client you need the exact info.

46 minutes ago, JECORMIER said:

I posted the plan with the initial question Scott.

Thanks-

Justin,  I gave it the old college try,  I was coming close..... there are a few inconsistent angles along the street,  I have an appointment in 6 minutes,  so...  do it like Perry says.......  these are fun to do....  I think there is enough information,  it's just the angle at the street is a bit off....  good luck

48 minutes ago, JECORMIER said:

I posted the plan with the initial question Scott.

Thanks-

Justin,  I gave it the old college try,  I was coming close..... there are a few inconsistent angles along the street,  I have an appointment in 6 minutes,  so...  do it like Perry says.......  these are fun to do....  I think there is enough information,  it's just the angle at the street is a bit off....  good luck

I was not sure if the  street bearing is n 77 w  or n75 25 w or s 77 30 16 e which is what you came up with.  

I also did not like the n 75 52 e into street...  it did not jive with the p.l.

5a14a893b3362_ScreenShot2017-11-21at2_28_23PM.thumb.png.410ecbcdc9b459c22cf55ea51d9f7ce5.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 2.29.53 PM.png

• Upvote 1

Considering the survey was done nearly 50 yrs ago , you don't think they just swung an Arc off the Southern PL?  my best guess-i-mate would be they took a 200ft tape (or 250 ft with 50' wide road ) and swung an Arc , the same size as the southern PL up till it hit the northern PL , seems to look about right....assuming I didn't mess it up somehow....been a while since I did one of these... but I see points labelled IP and PI etc

you would think the local city would have an updated Survey after 50 yrs though... they would make a Client get one here just cos of that fact before issuing a  Permit, so add a few grand for that privilege

Capture50.JPG

PLOT PLAN_LITTON_RES.plan

Justin, I just figured this using your plan file.  I ran couple quick tests and it looks like you entered your information pretty accurately so it should be pretty close.  It also lines up pretty well with the survey...which by the way looks a little sloppy to me and I agree that it seems to be missing a bit of information. 

Anyway, if I trace the plot plan that radius looks to be about 200' but if I use the lot area to figure the area it looks to be about 140' or almost the exact same dimension Scott came up with...

Lot.jpg

BTW, a radius of 140'-9" will still result in .723 acres so Scott may be right on the money. 

Here's that quick macro for figuring the acres for anyone who can make use of it...

acres.json