Curved top Roof

SNestor

49 minutes ago, solver said:

I used a single roof plane instead of 2, but still had problems.

Resorted to turning off the fascia and adding it back manually.

The wall above the window won't fill in either ...

ct1.thumb.jpg.1f16e5c762a0ae714af2060032f026ac.jpg

RANCH PLAN 1 (eric).plan

Eric, thanks for making an attempt.  I think because you placed a single roof segment "flat"...it is cutting off the top of the window and not allowing the stone above the window.  Also...you used a molding polyline for the fascia...which works...but, this is an extra step I for one do not want to do...unless of course there's no other way.

Gotta be a way.... 

I guess my question still stands...why is the fascia of the curved roof extending to the ground? 

I used two roofs...curved them.   I tried to get them to sit on top of the hip roof...not sure I actually accomplished this.  

Let me ask this...does the ceiling (or lack of a ceiling) in the room have anything to do with the funky nature of the barrel roof?

Well...I got the barrel roof to work.  (even a blind squirrel can find a nut now and then...)

Used a single roof plane and set the pitch to zero.  I started by locking the baseline at the same elevation as the 12/12 hip roof...but found that I had to use transform/replicate to move the roof down a bit so that it looked correct.  I then adjusted the curved roof "Angle at ridge" number to -60.0 degrees.  The funny thing is...if I adjusted this number higher than -60 degrees...the roof trim got funky.  -60.0 degrees seemed to be the max I could use if I wanted this curved roof to work.  Maybe it has something to do with it's relationship to the adjacent hip roof...who knows.  It's all trial and error.

5a1454c27c04c_RANCHPLAN1-ELEV3.thumb.png.c34af6f4552a94c5159efe8267de2a4c.png

here's my settings;

5a1454d436d5c_RANCHPLAN1-ELEV3a.thumb.png.2c5b64ff390bbcc61654c93a1ff859cb.png