Truss

basilbabaa

I might understand your query but to have such a truss, you would have to make it yourself from a poly-line solid. The current truss tool allows for some customization but starting out it merely fills the void between the established ceiling and the underside of roof planes (that is what it was intended to do). If you want something you can utterly control and you are licensed by your State as a licensed Structural Engineer, I can't imagine why you would want the legal burden of proof without the permission of your State. Existing trusses in Chief are "place holders" for actual trusses designed by those licensed to design them.

DJP

Not working.  Too smart.  I'm just trying to put trusses on top of a room within a building and it keeps telling me:

No appropriate roof/ceiling planes found.  Do you want to use a framing member instead...

No...   I just need to manually drag out a trusses on top of some walls to screw a metal ceiling to from underneath and  show it in 3D.

Not interested in CA's intelligence here.  I just need to get this done and it's so smart it won't let me do it.

So, how can I put a ceiling on top of metal studded walls inside a facility, and then use ceiling trusses placed on top of the interior room furred out walls walls to affix the ceiling to?

And, then show it in a cut thru in 3D?

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.52.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 1.26.00 PM.png

2 hours ago, basilbabaa said:

Not working.  Too smart.  I'm just trying to put trusses on top of a room within a building and it keeps telling me:

No appropriate roof/ceiling planes found.  Do you want to use a framing member instead...

No...   I just need to manually drag out a trusses on top of some walls to screw a metal ceiling to from underneath and  show it in 3D.

Not interested in CA's intelligence here.  I just need to get this done and it's so smart it won't let me do it.

So, how can I put a ceiling on top of metal studded walls inside a facility, and then use ceiling trusses placed on top of the interior room furred out walls walls to affix the ceiling to?

And, then show it in a cut thru in 3D?

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 10.52.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 1.26.00 PM.png

I can see a roof plane in your plan view , but do you have Ceiling over this room checked in the Room DBX ?  you need both for a Truss to generate....  make the ceiling structure the height of the needed truss.

Always best in these situations to post the plan ...you would likely of had an answer just after you 1st posted...

M..

3 hours ago, solver said:

Something like this?

I created a 2nd floor, drew in the floor/ceiling trusses, then deleted the 2nd floor.

ct1.thumb.jpg.32af2c36f214d425fab47fc565c6aa9a.jpg

Had a devil of a time trying to modify existing plan when adding a second floor and trying to get the overall building height right....  ceiling heights kept shifting on me...  After an hour I said forget it...

Started from scratch, followed Solver's suggestion and from a new blank plan, was able to get it...  Thanks!

Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 5.27.59 PM.png