What's your earliest version of CA?

Electromen

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

version 10 for me

Ditto,  my first class was here in San Diego and Perry was one of the other students.....  

Hey Perry,  was there anybody else in that class who is still around?

November 2005 version 10

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Electromen said:

I think that was the original release in 1992, right?

Greg yes 2 was released around then could even put a roof on the drawing been so long ago that I can't remember what we could and couldn't do, I have to look downstairs I might still have the disc for that version, I know I have a bunch of old disc and books stored

7 hours ago, RodCole said:

Version 2.  From what I remember roofs did not come out until version 3.  I used to use FastCAD 3D for roofs.

FastCAD. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time; still have the book and discs in storage so I can pull them out and show the "kids" what life was like before cell phones and ipads. I used it for years instead of Autocad. Had both but preferred FastCAD. It was named appropriately. Started with its little brother EasyCAD when looking for something to use that met my needs more than Autocad did.

Look on page 406 of this old "Network Edition" of PC magazine from 1994.  3D Home Architect was Chief's early consumer version.

I bought my copy at WalMart for 10$$  

PC Magazine 1994

Avon Catalog | Avon Brochure | Avon Campaign 17 2019 walmart ad | Target Red Card | Target Deal Days | Amazon Baby Registry | Amazon Prime Day 2019

6 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

FastCAD. That's a name I haven't heard in a long time; still have the book and discs in storage so I can pull them out and show the "kids" what life was like before cell phones and ipads. I used it for years instead of Autocad. Had both but preferred FastCAD. It was named appropriately. Started with its little brother EasyCAD when looking for something to use that met my needs more than Autocad did.

Yes memories - FastCad + 386 with a 387 math coprocessor, and a 12" digitizer tablet worked well for me, until verison 9 of chief. 

I dabbled with a DataCad license and then a borrowed archicad license, and even bought soft plan; but with chief I was up and running in less than 2 weeks.  I've kept looking, under the concept of the greener grass.  Frankly, the improvements from version 9 are such that it would not be recognizable to me then, let alone what I could only imagine with version 2.