Non deforming corbels

Designer1

Id like to hear from fellow Chiefers on how they deal with exterior corbels for bumpouts where you want corbels underneath on the upper floors.  My experience with this is yes, you can choose to use polyline solids that are basic boxes but if you want more elaborate and decorative corbels they often deform when stretched to fit.  Im curious how everyone else deals with this design dilemma?  Chiefs libraries have wonderful selection of corbels but if you need to change the size (more so the depth) it deforms the shape.  I noticed that you can select keep ratio but if you need the corbels depth to go pretty deep it can sometimes make the corbel 24" tall which is unusable.

Input much appreciated, thanks!

Thanks all for the replies.  Eric, Im not even picky about the corbels, I can take any of them whether simple or detailed and try to change the depth and it changes the entire look of the corbel.  I just wanted to find out how others use the corbels in chiefs library and how to deal with having to resize them.  Yes, many times the sizes that are featured in the library can work but for exteriors that require larger models Im wondering how one goes about using the library items.  Kevin, thats what I was thinking...most people probably model a custom corbel.  I just figured since there are tens and tens of great corbels in the library if there was a magic chief recipe to get them to look less messed up when sizes were changed.

Complex shapes will always behave that way if you do not maintain the aspect ratio or unless you access the symbol and are able to find an acceptable place in the symbol to define a cut plane(stretch zone). If for example within the symbol there is a round hole and the stretch zone is within the hole then any independent change to the width or height will change the round hole into an oval, it will only remain as a round hole if the original ratio of height to width is maintained.

Thanks Scott for the advice I will try that out.  Anything has to have a better result then what Ive seen and tried with the corbels.  Graham, totally agree and makes sense. I just wanted to see if other chiefers had ideas on how best to deal with exterior corbel design applications, perhaps I was missing a chief trick on how to make these look the best they could.

Thanks for the replies!